Can someone please give me advice on what’s wrong with my chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty12345

Reaction score
Hi everyone. For a while now I’ve been having trouble with my Partner 370 chainsaw. It cold starts and runs fine but after I’ve cut for a while - 3 or 4 mins, then stop cutting it switches itself off and will refuse to start again no matter how many times i try. After leaving I for a long time it will eventually start back up again and run fine for a while then stop again. Any suggesting as to what the problem could be and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi everyone. For a while now I’ve been having trouble with my Partner 370 chainsaw. It cold starts and runs fine but after I’ve cut for a while - 3 or 4 mins, then stop cutting it switches itself off and will refuse to start again no matter how many times i try. After leaving I for a long time it will eventually start back up again and run fine for a while then stop again. Any suggesting as to what the problem could be and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Try opening the gas cap when it does this and see if you hear a hissing sound. Air locked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try the things mentioned above, but you can also pull the spark plug when it wont run and get an idea of whats wrong. If the plug is wet then its probably losing spark(coil) but if the plug is dry its likely a fuel delivery issue.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I think it may be a problem with the coil and have ordered a new one. Hopefully this will sort the problem. Thanks again, matty.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I think it may be a problem with the coil and have ordered a new one. Hopefully this will sort the problem. Thanks again, matty.
bit of advice....don't do the parts swapping route, you will end up with enough parts to build another saw...treated race engines like that when i was younger went through a lot of parts like that at first till I learned to trouble shoot.

Latest posts

Back