Poulan model 41

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slaid

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Found a Poulan 41 a couple of days ago. It belong to a friend of mine's grandpa. He claimed he never heard and run and never knew of his grandpa using it. So that would put it sitting for over 20 years. Got it home cleaned it up cleaned the dirt dober nests out of the muffler and broke the piston free. I checked it for spark and really didn't think I would see any but it did have spark. Carb looked really clean, poured a little gas in the carb and it hit on the second pull. Then put some in the tank and it ran. Everything works nicely, took it out and made a few cuts with it. It is pretty fun to run just nice and slow. I am wondering if this is a fairly common saw and would like to know some more info about it other than Acres Chainsaw site. I really can't find much out about it. Thanks

They are good saws. I think you have a direct drive saw. They share the same top end as the 30 and other 40 series saws. I have some parts for those old saws if you need something. I think the saw turns around 6000 rpm and pulls .404 and 1/2" chain nicely. Good to see you kept the old Poulan going.

here are some pics of this beautiful unit.
poulan.jpg

poulan2.jpg

Latest posts

Back