Inside the MS462C - Snellerized Style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what happens if you only gut the strato with no other mods yo the saw? do you still get gains? if so, are the gains worth the fuel usage?

Fuel Usage??? Power and Noise, come'on man, get with the program. If you could cut a 30" log in 13 seconds, would you hesitate to spend several $100s in modifications, and use 2 times (or 3 or 4 or 5 times) as much gas to cut the same log in 12 seconds??? Duh!!! I thought not.

I am on pins and needles waiting for Reagan's StarWars Technology to make it to our level of application, so I can incinerate and entire tree in a micro second. The hell with burning wood, when we can just vaporize it!!! :)

My theory for what it's worth. 1. Not all of the Strato charge is escaping, now being mixed with fuel it adds to combustion, in a since like adding finger ports. 2. The extra flow is creating a vacuum effect sucking more charge through the transfers as the gases move through the exhaust port.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.

yes and no

the air fuel/ ratio on a std engine is around 14/1. the air/fuel ratio going into the crankcase of a strato engine is closer to 8/1.

Mr Snelling is finding his gains ... but alas what you gain here ya lose there - simple physics 101
I think that's somewhere between 'Murthy's Law and Physics.

"You gain here you loose there and you find the middle. That's what he has done well and demonstrated for yrs. The guy can walk a tight rope.
where's the after video?
Says the 'one trick Pony'Builder

89c498b61e79974025f859f237368e41.jpg

441 carburetor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes and no

the air fuel/ ratio on a std engine is around 14/1. the air/fuel ratio going into the crankcase of a strato engine is closer to 8/1.

So actually a Strato engine should use lower ratio of oil/gas than a std engine for lubrication?

Man you are doing a really nice Job. Im envious

yes I seem to be failing.

so lets look at the very basic's of how a strato engine works and go from there.

the fresh air fuel charge enters the crank case through a normal port the same as any other piston ported engine, other then it has a richer air fuel ratio then 14/1.
the strato ports open at close to the same time as the intake port. the fresh air is drawn down the transfer ports filling them with fresh air.
this all happens on the compression stroke.

on the power stroke.
exhaust port opens releasing pressure.
then the transfers open purging the cylinder with fresh air, the rich fuel charge comes in late in the cycle and mixes with the remaining fresh air trapped in the cylinder. now the air fuel ratio is close to 14/1.

Back