Jonsered still have 50cc pro saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The handles on a Jonsered are at a different angle then a husky saw. This can be more comfortable for some. Disclaimer I have owned neither brand, just parroting what I have heard and read.

That angle difference is the main reason that most of the saws I have bought have been Orange, and not Red.

Particularly when doing limbing work etc. with relatively small saws, the handle angle of the Orange saws are a major advantage (at least to me).
For felling it doesn't matter at all, and it doesn't matter much when bucking or blocking logs either (again, to me).

Other than decals the Redmax still look like Jred.

The last time I checked the amount/distribution of black vs. red wasn't exactly the same.

I don't think the Redmax saws have the same silly (lack of) handle angle as the Jonsereds - but I'm not quite sure?

I know all about the Husky/Jred connection, for I had rebuilt his (now mine) 2071 with Husqvarna parts because of a lack dealers. I think he just dislikes orange. I've put a 371xp and his 2071 next to each other to show him the similarities. He doesn't care to hear it. He'd pay twice as much for a part just because it's advertised as Jonsered, even though the part number is identical to Husk. GMC vs Chevy. Craziest part is that he'd run a Stihl over a Husky any day.... and this from a Jonsered Fanboy. He just does not like them. But, to each their own.
I'll probably end up getting him a 55cc home owner Jred from Tractor Supply. It should serve his needs, as he'll only put 5 or 6 tanks through it a year. It'll just suck if I have to work on it.... Dang clamshells!
Also, how's the available of Husky 365/371/372 parts? Thinking about replacing the crank bearings on my (formerly his) '98 2071. It's had about 6 tanks a week run through it for close to 15 years. Replaced just about every part on it at least once, but it's still using the original bottom end. I replaced the crank bearings on an old 395xp and it took months to get the sealed bearing. But my only husky dealer was total crap.
And!!!! Gas stations here sell non-ethanol gas for $3.10 a gallon!!

That's NOT the right saw to get for an elderly man, as they aren't as light as the cc (and power) sort of indicates - they actually are HEAVY for the power.

Finding a used pro saw, either a 2153 or a 2253 would be much more suitable - as would the slightly detuned (but still pro quality and light) 2152 or 2252.

Likely there are Redmax versions of the 550xp/2253 and 545/2252 out there today - but I don't know what the model numbers are?

Regardless, my prime suggestion is a lightly used 2153, if it has to be a Jonsered ( same saw as the 50cc NE346xp, except for the brand differences already mentioned).

so who makes Redmax? is there a Redmax factory I assume there must be. I cant see them doing well here in Maine, I am assuming zero brand recognition or very low at least? I just looked at some in an old J-red sales business. He told me everyone in his area has gone to Huski so he don't expect Redmax to pan out either.

so who makes Redmax? is there a Redmax factory I assume there must be. I cant see them doing well here in Maine, I am assuming zero brand recognition or very low at least? I just looked at some in an old J-red sales business. He told me everyone in his area has gone to Huski so he don't expect Redmax to pan out either.

Looking at the line up most of the Redmax saws are relabeled jreds. Husqvarna is trying a rebranding process so I see these redmax saws being in markets where the redmax trimmers are popular. It also looks like they are doing away with the Poulan and McCulloch brands to and pushing the jreds in to the low end segment that you'll find at Menards. It's a damn shame really.

Jonsered is pretty much dead as a brand. If you want a read 550 or 562 RedMax is the only option, or just try to explain to your father that jonsered and Husqvarna are the same saws lol.

Unfortunately, you can't even do that. Neither model made it into the Red Max catalog. The only newer model they retained was the CS2252, which is a red version of the Husky 545. In Red Max, this is called the GZ5000. The misleading GZ500, is NOT a 50cc saw. It is actually the Jonny 2245/Husky 445. Not a version of the 450 that the model name would imply.

It's sad, but we gotta face the fact that Jonsered is over and done with. We can enjoy the ones we got, but there's no more coming.

Unfortunately, you can't even do that. Neither model made it into the Red Max catalog. The only newer model they retained was the CS2252, which is a red version of the Husky 545. In Red Max, this is called the GZ5000. The misleading GZ500, is NOT a 50cc saw. It is actually the Jonny 2245/Husky 445. Not a version of the 450 that the model name would imply.

It's sad, but we gotta face the fact that Jonsered is over and done with. We can enjoy the ones we got, but there's no more coming.

Man Bob when you say all that it gives me the sads.
When other people say it I just dismiss it as there tin foil hat is on to tight lol.

In one of the older threads about the change over to redmax it was stated that the Husqvarna group had individual redmax dealers that Moved more product then the Jonsered distributors

You might try Gary's Yamaha in Caribou, Maine. I had stopped in there yesterday and he still has quite a few JReds in stock. Ask for John, he is good to deal with and has always treated me decent on pricing.

Back