Runnin' with the big dogs!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweet pics saucygog, looks like a good time.:clap:

thinking of getting a 390xp to sit between my 044 and 2100cd for 24"-36" bar action, without the weight of the 2100.

are you able to weigh yours with b+c to give me a 'real-world' idea? ( i dont put much trust in spec sheet weights)

cheers, keep the chips flying:chainsaw:

I'd love to weigh it for you treebeard,but I don't have a scale in the house.Wait,I'll run up the road to my in-laws' place....I'll let you know shortly.:givebeer:

Here ya go:the 390 has a 24"b+c,the 357 has a 18"b+c.Both just filled with oil and gas....and a days' worth of sawdust and dirt.:)

thanks allot sd, just weighed my 2100cd (36"b+c nearly empty of fuel and oil, on some slightly shoddy bathroom scales) roughly 31lb.

im thinking a 390xp would fit the niche in my saw selection quite nicely.

thanks again:clap: :cheers:

31 lbs?A 390 should feel like a limbing saw after hauling the 2100 around for a while!It must cut like a demon though-eh?

Hmm, nobody picked up on the saw was mounted upside down on the bar LOLOLOL

:hmm3grin2orange:

A 24" bar, yep, that's a little thermonuclear device when it comes to wood. With my 066/24" I feel a bit like Luke Skywalker, with a light sabre that is a bit heavier and noisier than his. Something like that anyway.

Big saws, short bars, lots of chips.

Mark

Thanks for picking up on that Gordie,not only was the saw mounted upside down on the bar,but the chain was on backwards too!This saw should cut like a raped ape once I get all the kinks worked out of my little firewood operation.Details,details.:laugh:

How bout mid sized saw, mid sized bar ... roolll chip’s ...??

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/attachments/img_0008-jpg.727006/

It started life a long time ago as a 034, not quite stock for a long time, slapped on an antiqueish 24in Mc bar I had lying around to run it out & cause I’m 6ft ish to take some of the strain off my back from bending over limbing. It’s been 2 years and it’s still on there so I may have to pry open my wallet and buy a proper one... ha ha

Keep on ... Runnin’ Loads !!

Well, I finally got my mitts on a Man-size saw.....A new 390XP.I don't need to tell this to you guys but the power is addictive!Only 2 tanks run through her as of now, but so far.....I'm impressed...can't wait 'till she's run-in;then come's the light mods and the real fun!I just hope my 357 doesn't start feeling like the red-headed stepchild.:biggrinbounce2: I'll post some action pics after the weekend.Man, I feel like a little kid at Xmas!:clap:
Great news ! I never ran one but I probably love runnjng my 385xp as much as any saw I have ever run.
Man the raw power is so much fun! I have cut a red oak that was 12feet across at the spread of the roots.
36 in bar cut from both sides. Probably 65" across and your saw will handle one just like it. 385xp and 390xp are very similar. Enjoy it my friend.

Ditto on my 385xp. Plenty of power even with a 32” bar buried in a maple tree. She just stays roaring. At the sametime my oldest son was running my 575 with a 28” bar.
The 575 was a tad behind the 385 but both saws cutting together put a show on about bigger cc saws. The 390xp does look interesting. How’s the 390xp compare to the 395xp? The 390xp is 88cc’s. The 395 runs at 12,500 rpm while the 390 is at 13,000 rpm the 385 is at 13,000 rpm
There all beasts. When I want to cut I want to cut, no bs, getter done.

Back