Bought a 201 TC-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlman0123

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well today I decided to feed my saw addiction. Had the opportunity to pick up a brand new 201-tcm. Couldn’t pass it up. I’m a little nervous about it because it’s my first saw with the new m-tronic technology. I’ve been watching some reviews and I was between the husky T540 and the 201. Well between YouTube and arborist sure. I opted for the stihl. I’m super excited to make my first cuts. I’ll keep y’all posted

Sorry shame on me. Here’s a pic of the whole collection. I’ll post more of the saw tomorrow

Attachments

• 718B01E2-5EBE-4DCE-A2CE-1BB63D53221B.jpeg
    718B01E2-5EBE-4DCE-A2CE-1BB63D53221B.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 45
Ha Ha check out those saws, man they look clean and that shed looks organized too...i was like that but 5 kids later this place is trashed. Last time i heard folks are pretty happy with the power of the 201t, just don't yank it out of a pinch like a gorilla.

Well today I decided to feed my saw addiction. Had the opportunity to pick up a brand new 201-tcm. Couldn’t pass it up. I’m a little nervous about it because it’s my first saw with the new m-tronic technology. I’ve been watching some reviews and I was between the husky T540 and the 201. Well between YouTube and arborist sure. I opted for the stihl. I’m super excited to make my first cuts. I’ll keep y’all posted
Well done u have a great saw there. I have two that I use most days, both purchased new, and they remain standard and unmodified. IMO they don’t oil enough (regularly running dry and chain sticking in holm oak and other powdery timber every 3-4 chog cuts at 200mm+ dia) and they both needed new pull cords every few weeks for the first 6 months until whatever gremlin existed worked itself out of the saw...they kept fraying. Of course Stihl dealers told me I didn’t know how to start a saw properly which pi**ed me off a fair bit having over 30 Stihl products in my arsenal and never having such an issue with the pull cord.

I’ve run 200’s and 201t’s and in the real world I’m happy enough with the 201tcm’s...tough little buggers. Hope u enjoy it

Ha Ha check out those saws, man they look clean and that shed looks organized too...i was like that but 5 kids later this place is trashed. Last time i heard folks are pretty happy with the power of the 201t, just don't yank it out of a pinch like a gorilla.

Thanks. I try my best to take care of my equipment then it’ll hopefully last me my lifetime. I understand what you mean about kids. I have one now and another on the way. The rest of the shop isn’t nearly as organized as the saw shelf is. Just the frame of the photo. Hopefully going out today with the 201 to make some cuts on a fallen spruce tree to see how it cuts before taking it into an ash for removal. Can’t wait to run that little power house!

Hello All, im new to the site, I have a 200t that just crapped out and needs a rebuild, I absolutely love the power and response this saw has and don't want to be disappointed if I buy a new one. Im thinking of buying a new 201 TCM or even a new 201 regular carb if I can find one. I'm just looking for some input from you guys that have had one. Also Ive read some posts about modifying these saws to get the power back to like a 200t. Is it necessary to do the Mod? also does the 201 tcm respond to the MM and timing mod ? If I have someone do a total OEM rebuild, The cost to rebuild my 200t is more than the cost of new 201 tcm Thanks for any input.

Hello All, im new to the site, I have a 200t that just crapped out and needs a rebuild, I absolutely love the power and response this saw has and don't want to be disappointed if I buy a new one. Im thinking of buying a new 201 TCM or even a new 201 regular carb if I can find one. I'm just looking for some input from you guys that have had one. Also Ive read some posts about modifying these saws to get the power back to like a 200t. Is it necessary to do the Mod? also does the 201 tcm respond to the MM and timing mod ? If I have someone do a total OEM rebuild, The cost to rebuild my 200t is more than the cost of new 201 tcm Thanks for any input.

Welcome to AS
@lone wolf is the primo 200 T pro on AS. He rebuilds & sells them.
I wouldn't think a200T rebuild would be as much as a new 201 TCM, not even close

Nearly anything would respond to a mm

@blsnelling has done a few vids on the 201 TCM mm & timing advance

Welcome to AS
@lone wolf is the primo 200 T pro on AS. He rebuilds & sells them.
I wouldn't think a200T rebuild would be as much as a new 201 TCM, not even close

Nearly anything would respond to a mm

@blsnelling has done a few vids on the 201 TCM mm & timing advance
Thanks.

Yup the oiler stinks in my book, almost 3 tanks of fuel per tank of oil. The ones at work don't idle too well, but always restart and finish the job. Good luck with it and I can't say I ever remember us taking them to the stihl dealer for mtronic issues. Usually they only go to the dealer for stuiped stuff(ran over, dropped out of bucket, pinched bar and user ripped it free).

Back