Need a little advice on a Poulan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelhamjeff

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I just got a 335 Pro from a guy in Georgia Sunday before last. It had a hole in the oil tank which I fixed. I want to run a 3/8 chain and I am pretty sure this saw has the original .325 rim sprocket so could anyone tell me where I can find a 7 pin 3/8 rim sprocket for this saw? Also, I want to use an 18" chain with 33RS but if she'll handle a 20" I will get that. And any advise on where to get the bar and chain reasonable or any other advice on this saw would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Hey guys! I just got a 335 Pro from a guy in Georgia Sunday before last. It had a hole in the oil tank which I fixed. I want to run a 3/8 chain and I am pretty sure this saw has the original .325 rim sprocket so could anyone tell me where I can find a 7 pin 3/8 rim sprocket for this saw? Also, I want to use an 18" chain with 33RS but if she'll handle a 20" I will get that. And any advise on where to get the bar and chain reasonable or any other advice on this saw would be appreciated. Thanks!!
well im not a poulan guy but im almost sure oregon bars and sprockets will fit take the old clutch sprocket to your local saw shop or mower shop usually one of the same sure they can get you where you want to be

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

If your drum & splines are still in good shape, just get an Oregon 18720 or 68210 rim drive & swap it out with your .325” pitch rim. The 18720 is a small rim & the 68210 is a standard sized 7 spline rim. Check your spline diameter to find out what you currently have there.

I wouldn’t use a bar over 18” in length with that little 54cc saw in hardwoods though. The 33RS chain uses a full size tooth, and you may be happier in the end with a 3/8” LP chain...try both & see.

The bar needs to be changed to a 3/8” tip, unless it’s a hard tip (no sprocket), but you already know that, and I’m sure that PP335 uses an A041 mount.

If the drum & splines are worn out there’s a couple of Oregon 34254 rim drives on flea-bay...but they’re equipped with a .325” pitch rim, so you’d still need to get the 3/8” rims.

HEY!!! Now which one of you Georgia boys let a fine Poulan saw leave ga. and get over into Alabama --I want names!! Detective Dave is on your trail and wants to right this injustice.. Steve s. was my top suspect but has since been cleared due to his wife swearing on a 3400 service manual and 2 bottles of 30 to 1 premix that he has never sold any chain saws in his whole southern life!!!!!!!!!!:innocent: I want responce from all Ga. people -post your alibis here NOW!!--David--2 cycle code enforcer..:drinkingcoffee:

Latest posts

Back