Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delivered this load for some cottagers today. Resisted spending it on the 3 pioneer 103cc saws for sale near me.....so far....
c866de0c2196f5ee31c92da74725f420.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Well , it's been hot up here in Igloo , my weekends have been busy and I've not had time to hit the woods :(
The developer has been busy but not on his lots so no 'mergency "How's Danny today ?" phone calls , well , except today .
It was a from an unexpected caller , Jeff , a friend that has his own treeco called me to see if I could give him a hand on a project that he took .
Soooooo ,,,

4O89S9u.jpg

AiijxS3.jpg

d5i5Abk.jpg

qWKHuyG.jpg

We have a 600m by 500m strip to clear :)
Spruce , tamarack but mostly not Spruce :(
Ash , white oak , maple will be the bulk :(
I get all the hardwood and delivered for my contribution plus fuel and a stipend for my equipment :)
Hey Nate !!!

gpgsg0Y.jpg

If time allows I'll run it to see how it works :)
Hey Kiwi !!!

oRzkoBg.jpg

Vegan and gluten free bar lube :)
It's all he's used for the past 10 years , has't found a prob yet .

S1qual4.jpg

We even have a stump grinder to get rig of troublesome stumps Lol
I have to admit , this part hurt a a ton :(

RrL0Swg.jpg

WdMgipF.jpg

UzYk81O.jpg

So sad :(

@farmer steve, how far is Gettysburg from your place? If not real bad I may have to swing thru G’burg on the way home for a Reuben and a pint.
20 minutes or so. we can hear the cannons when they have the renactment in july.

View attachment 751197
My blackberries are just starting, should be a good year.

My wife just changed the day from Mon to Tue, just as well! The berries ripen a bit later up on the Mountain.

Yea, should bee a good year, saw lots of green ones when I went up in Mid July.

For those who don't know, not only are wild Black Berries large and juicy (compared to most other wild berries), but they are also very healthy for you, right up there with Blueberries!

Unfortunately, no wild Blueberries on my property, but luckily tons of Black Berries along all the old logging trails.

Latest posts

Back