I'm gonna say it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s not that we tighten them to much, it’s that gas expands under heat and the pressure builds up behind and makes them a real pisser to remove.

I always wondered if you can get flippy caps for the 372?? Even the 395?

Very true sir.

But keeping the sealing surface clean and keeping the O-rings new will make life so easy. Hardy have to snug them and they are good.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Cap design cost Stihl a lot of business when USFS switched to Husqy over issues with Stihl fuel caps out on fire lines.

That was not a cap problem, it was a tank vent problem on a run of 461s that caused fuel geysers and burned a few guys, not a generalized issue with Stihl saws. USFS and other wildland agencies don’t really buy all that many saws, or that often for that matter.

Plenty of USFS & NWCG crews are still buying and running Stihl, now that the tank vent issue has been resolved. I worked with a crew from Arizona who really seem to like Husqvarna saws, but Stihl is definitely still the standard and still being purchased.

Ahh, thanks for the more accurate details. My take above was how it has been explained to me several times - but by people back on the east coast, who bring up the tale whenever they see my orange saws. The folks that comment on it say they miss Stihl and give that as the reason their local buyers hand them the other saws these days.

Flippy caps on my ms250 got gummed up and didn't lock properly, I spilled a full tank of oil on my pant leg and boot the other day. Fuggin gummed up vegetable oil...

Is it possible to replace the flippy caps with a screw-on? I hate them

Back