I have no clue on price of this saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris moss

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My neighbor has a SP 125 in his garage , its missing bar and chain, clutch cover, and starter cover , but everyrhing else is there , the paint on the saw looks to be pretty clean and not too messed up , no big gouges or scratches , what is a saw like this worth? Missing the parts its missing? He said the last time it ran was in the early 90ies and his son took the parts that are missing off for his saw , what do you think I should offer him for it ? I will do my best to get pics tomorrow , but he's always in and out and hard to catch at home

If it has compression.... Search eBay and see what the parts availability is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My neighbor has a SP 125 in his garage , its missing bar and chain, clutch cover, and starter cover , but everyrhing else is there , the paint on the saw looks to be pretty clean and not too messed up , no big gouges or scratches , what is a saw like this worth? Missing the parts its missing? He said the last time it ran was in the early 90ies and his son took the parts that are missing off for his saw , what do you think I should offer him for it ? I will do my best to get pics tomorrow , but he's always in and out and hard to catch at home

Check ebay sold items for reference, as far as the clutch cover and flywheel cover I will give you those for shipping cost. I do not have a starter that I want to part with so that will be on you. Check McCulloch karts on ebay the starters show up there more than anywhere else.

The starters are the same as any other LH start saw except for the "clutch", which is longer on the SP125. The clutch portion comes up quite regularly on e-Bay.

Complete, running saws are going on e-Bay for high dollar lately, but have gone for $3o0 up to almost $2,000.

Mark
Wow did not think theses old saws bring that much money , im hoping to get it for around $50 bucks , if so i would not mind throwing a couple hundred or more into it to have a high cc saw

Check ebay sold items for reference, as far as the clutch cover and flywheel cover I will give you those for shipping cost. I do not have a starter that I want to part with so that will be on you. Check McCulloch karts on ebay the starters show up there more than anywhere else.
Ok i will check and see what i can find, and thats very nice of you to offer, if i can get it for around $50 or alittme more i would not mind throwing a couple hundred or more in it to have that big old saw up and running , i will let tou know the out come

Back