Any Stihl Experts Identify This Incomplete Power-Head

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are the same except for the exhaust port mod I did on this one to keep it from burning the clutch cover.

o3c56o7.jpg

vdKBhz3.jpg

hYMoivq.jpg
Nice looking saw, good pictures too.
That mod should have come on many of the stihl saws right from the factory :), never understood that, same for the exhaust hitting the top covers on many huskys :confused:.

Hey Gord, is that a project or your parts saw? Looks like you have more pieces than I have on mine...
Absolute complete saw bar and all, piston a bit scored so a few parts off of it - Will pressure test it before I pull it down to try and find the cause- Meteor coming and then we will get at it.. extra parts saw too... always comes in handy... hell I paid 50$ for the complete one:) - I have a lot of saws and parts

You have an 036 muffler on your saw.

No top bolts on an 034 Muff. It flips in.

Could this explain the burnt clutch cover??? Does that 034s muffler with only two cover mount bolts and the built in exhaust deflector actually vent (exhaust) out the front of the muffler?

Could this explain the burnt clutch cover??? Does that 034s muffler with only two cover mount bolts and the built in exhaust deflector actually vent (exhaust) out the front of the muffler?
The 034 mufflers vent through front cover, but it’s deflected to the PTO side. The cases on most Stihl get discolored and burned on the PTO side form the exhaust. It’s to push ex gasses the furthest away from the operator.

Latest posts

Back