Unidentified Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to identify what a Stihl saw is. Person that owned it said it was an 029 but the model code for 029 and 290 is something like 1117 which would be a german saw and this one the model code on the serial number is 2222 which would be a U.S. made saw. The dealer says the serial number on the saw was never registered for warranty so there is no way they can tell what model it is supposed to be. Who know what a 2222 is?
Locate the tiny serial number on the bottom of the saw, write it down, and type it into Google

That is a nice looking saw you found chipper. Shame they weigh a ton.
I find many good lookers, but I have no interest in the 028/2222 series saws, I'd buy a nice 261vr1 first, already have an anchor for my canoe.
You gonna post some pictures :picture:, and apologize to the guys who posted offering help, even if you didn't like what they had to say or how they said it, they still went out of their way to post.
Being obstinate doesn't usually go well ;).
The whole reason I started posting on this forum is because I had learned a lot here and I wanted to be able to give back. Listen, learn and then give back.

Farm Boss. The 290 was a Farm Boss saw. Said so on the 'blade'. Wood Boss was the 270 I think? Maybe the 280. I think there may have been more than one model of Farm/Wood Boss saws. I wanna BOSS HOGG saw. With a cigar lighter option.

View attachment 793568
I thought that was a motorcycle, it probably has a cigarette lighter on it lol.

So the unbadged/unmarked saw sold for a huge premium over a standard 028 and yet still no pics?

I’ve got some beachfront real estate right outside of Phoenix that I’d like to sell ya.

I will be in Brooklyn, NY in a few months to see about a listing for a bridge for sale.

The seller (in New Jersey) says that it has an 'authentic' serial and model number 2222 spray painted on it in several places. Who wants in?

I will be in Brooklyn, NY in a few months to see about a listing for a bridge for sale.

The seller (in New Jersey) says that it has an 'authentic' serial and model number 2222 spray painted on it in several places. Who wants in?

Shoooooot no pictures even needed sir. If it says 2222 on it then it’s a super bridge and I’m in

Doh! I forgot to add the photos... sorry. My bad. I swear that this is a REAL bridge though!

This is from Brooklyn in Dumbo:

Dumbo Brooklyn.jpg

And this is from Lower Manhattan:

Brooklyn Bridge Manhattan.jpg

And the 'official' 2222 bridge serial/model # for verification on the original bricks:

2222.jpg

Gott'a have that serial number for verification. I mean, would I lie to you? No! This is the real deal!

As for Dumbo, this is in no way to be a slam against the OP here... no! I swear it (fingers crossed). DUMBO is a real hood in Brooklyn. It stands for Down Under (the) Manhattan Bridge Overpass. You can google it. See? I am a bona fide bridge investment broker. I would never scam anyone here! You can trust me! Note that this is not new, and it is listed as a "well used bridge". Investment inquiries welcome! Get in now guys! This is the ground floor opportunity!

Back