050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might help.
Tillotson

You might want to up grade to a Walbro WS-26. It's the carb that came on the 076 super. I can get part numbers if you want.

That's great. Thanks! I may do that if I need to, but I'd like to see what I can do with the current carb.
Part numbers would definitely be helpful if you have them handy.

From what I've been able to glean, they are problematic, and people bypass them somehow.
Are they needed? Will it hurt anything if I bypass/disable it? How do I go about it?

Take this large plug out, stamp out a piece of aluminum can the same size, press it to the bottom of said hole, and put plug back in snug...

attachment.php

They're not problematic per say... Just sucks not letting those beasts run more than ~9000 rpm's...:msp_sneaky:

Pretty sure some of the coils are limited also. Might want to make sure your isn't.

I know the 760 cutoff saws had limited coils, but wasn't aware of the 051 or 075 or 076 having a limited coil... I learn something new about these fat bottomed girls about weekly it seems...

I know the 760 cutoff saws had limited coils, but wasn't aware of the 051 or 075 or 076 having a limited coil... I learn something new about these fat bottomed girls about weekly it seems...

Do you have any parts left over from the rebuild you just completed?

That's great. Thanks! I may do that if I need to, but I'd like to see what I can do with the current carb.
Part numbers would definitely be helpful if you have them handy.

The Stihl part # for the WS-26 is 1111-120-0608.
Old numbers for The ws-26 are 1111-120-0605 and 1111-120-0601

Last Quote i got was $131.00

HS-60D 1111 120 0601

WS-26A 1111 120 0605

WJ-112 1111 120 0608

Pretty sure only the WJ is still available via Stihl.
(There were earlier versions; HS-60A, HS-60B, HS-60C)

The only rev limiting on the 050,051,075,076 saws was done via the control valve in the carb, not the ignition.

The control valves had/have a tendancy to leak fuel past causing erratic engine running, the screw plug can also leak air.

Do you have to drill out the holes in the cap screws to 6 mm and screw the rods of the 075th Crankshaft is equal extent. The flange of the exhaust is greater at Stihl 076 and the flange for the Carburetor I think so too.

I finally get my ported 051av project done today, after almost a month and a half of pulling my hair out with all the different design changes and parts, and then I stumble onto this great thread........:bang:

whats the story with this saw

Absolute credit to the OP, i love these series of saws and have the 041-050-051-075 and now completed it with this parts 076 super i want to get going again.
But whats the story behing my ignition system i have the donut shaped ignition, yet i have a hole on the AV mount? Also what is this coil? it only has a wire going to the on/off switch and nothing else, so were do the two wires coming of the ignition GO?
It was sent party dismantled so am struggling to figure out how the ignition the previous owner had worked? this coil doesnt have a transister inside? does it?

Many thanks guys

Back