• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 12x24 8ply

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firmwood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Yup, need one. Can be completely bald, so I assume cheaper, , just no gashes or tears. I'm rubbing tubes and chains, so I don't care of bead sealing or traction.

Im out in grand Rapids MI area. Ill drive 200 miles.

Thread closed. Found me a $30 fix.

3298a40f6f6cf9be3d690529b001ceb3.jpg

Here we go!

a3883b2d8197aa7a928f720b60f2fa8a.jpg

Yeah I don't know. Yesterday evening after the rain I looked at it closer. I don't think there's any good tire to anchor the repair against.

Waiting calls on a used something from various vendors.

In the meantime there's other stuff to do. I got the yard and building repair excavated enough where's use usable even though I'm half done.

Machine has open differentials, so an inch of difference playing in the sand and soft ground shouldn't be too stressful on planetaries/driveline.

Driving sorind country side I did see a huge tire leaning against someone's house. And I thought to mark it on my Gmail/maps account and didn't. Err!

4ton jack pushed hard. Ended up standing on it.

Split bead on backside. I get it off and no one replies, I might try the sandwich aluminum plate idea.

Local Vendor calling around is telling me that size is only available in a L3/E3. When they're calling it an R4

On a machine with planetaries that (might) be brass, but I know brass pins, how risky is this in the dirt?

As mentioned, I know the differential are open, but double checking, the xfer case is locked.

Have you tried eBay for used or new tires? Also Nebraska tires for deals.
I just purchased two 12 x 24 ag’s for my project, they might end up on my swamp buggy cj5. Cheap Chinese rubber. I need to increase the ground clearance. Ok it’s my dirt/snow pushing toy.

Attachments

• 88D5057A-BC97-49AE-991E-B27D42E92FCE.jpeg
    88D5057A-BC97-49AE-991E-B27D42E92FCE.jpeg
    638 KB · Views: 5
Found me some 13 24s. Set of 4, 16ply.

Apparently someone has a used 12, but in such slight hopes, and this matching set that'll fit the hough 50 along with this Allis , I jumped on it.

Now I need to finish making that bead buster... Where's me beer?
f1a9b2c5132aea01cfa773b9c080796b.jpg

Oh yeah. Maybe. That drott 4in1 is an ass saver..

Question.

Old faithful was about 46 overall height, . This bandaid tire is 49.75, sadly it's not a 12/24, it's a 13.24, so, some math...

Shows 1.08 difference....

I used a straight edge and square to get a accurate as possible comparison regarding tread wear regardless of sidewall stamp

Think it's an OK gamble in the sand? I see/hear/read 3 percent.

I thought about mounting it just to finish the job

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/388515-4-wheel-drive-tire-ratios.html
Also this is why I chose to use a full time xfer case with loc/no lock, instead of a cheezy chain/part time locked xfer case, for my mini loader.

I used 3/4 ton steers, orbital valve, and a hydraulic motor turning a 4speed input shaft, and a rocker petal. Be gentle trying to switch speeds, like anything else.

It's weird to get used to at first, but it was a quick and easy way to get 4 more speeds in the other direction, which ended up being pointless with two steer axles.

Shuttle shift in all ranges, lockable, but nice on the yard if needed.

Long rant. I'm using this tire. But posted reference material for anyone else.

Back