Clapped out 066 to-do list.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect, thanks!

Was thinking about whether or not to keep it the same cc or increase it.
It wont get used for much except the occasional milling job. I have a 461 & 250 for medium to small firewood/clearing jobs.

A oem cylinder will give you better performance than a big bore kit. The aftermarket kits in general has less than ideal port shapes and the performance suffers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A oem cylinder will give you better performance than a big bore kit. The aftermarket kits in general has less than ideal port shapes and the performance suffers

Thanks. Waiting on a flywheel puller to show up & keep breaking it down. Haven't decided on oem or meteor yet for jug/piston.
Haven't been able to find a used oem cylinder.
Ive gone through quite a few threads on here about splitting the case & installing the bearings. Seems to be differing opinions on whether or not I will need a splitting tool and a press.

If crank is good, then you’ll need
• 6203 C3 Nachi Quest bearing
• Good used oem Cylinder
• Meteor Piston or oem piston (roughly $25- $30 price difference eBay for meteor stihl Dealer for oem)
• Set of gaskets from your local dealer
• Oem Clutch side bearing (from local stihl dealer)
•Carburetor rebuild kit
Roughly $195-$210 total cost for parts

Do I need an OEM carb kit or will a amazon/Ebay kit work?
Also, where would one find a used OEM jug? Im striking out.
Should i replace carb to jug boot aswell or just pressure test when assembled to see if its still good?

Ordering parts this week.
Im still undecided on if I should just buy the case splitting tools & put bearing/seals in or just pay the dealer $75 to do it. Leaning toward shop....

I saw your reply to my post in the trading post where Im looking for an OEM cylinder. Doesn't seem to be alot of used OEM ones out there. If I went with a meteor piston & cylinder, what are the disadvantages?
I've about got everything else I need. Just picking away at it with my schedule.

Back