'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alaska, my girlfriend lived up there from 2000-2001 and had to come back to New Mexico for knee surgery and has always wanted to move back. I want to get out of the heat and have always wanted to move there some of the best hunting and fishing in the world. Also we just had a son together and I don't want to raise him here and go to these schools. I went to them and they where horrible when I was in them.

Congratulations! I'm not that far north but let me know if their is anything I can do.

Weather here isn't bad, maybe 2-3 freak weeks a year in the high 90's-100 but other then that pretty mid, I like the PNW climate, wouldn't mind seeing Alaska either.

Food for thought BigBlock maybe try and grab bplusts 600P for 325 plus shipping and have rattler port that... It would be about the same cost, probably less and you would have (for all intensive purposes) the same saw!?

Where ? Is that pho? The cheapest one I've found is 680. Seriously I'm not being a ****

My wife bought my 620 off ebay for $579 and free shipping from Dickens Turf and Landscape. They are now up to $609.99 and still free shipping. I've talked to the guy from Dickens in Tennessee a couple of times...good guy and straight shooter. He even throws in a six pack of one gallon Echo mix ($16 value):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Echo-Chain-...824?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4adef95400

I personally would not buy a used one for $100 less unless you know who has it and trust how it's been cared for. The savings would quickly be ate up by any major repairs.

Got back from camping (again) a few days ago and have some time tonight to give my thoughts on the 600p vs. 620p. While in camp, I had time to really compare the two side by side. Spent probably an hour just cutting cookies. Here are the saw details:

600p running a 20" bar, MM, tab delete and tune.

620p running a 24" bar, completely stock.

Each saw running the same no ethanol premium fuel (Echo 40:1), the same factory Oregon LPX chain, and elevation was about 7000 ft.

Just handling the 620 between cuts and revving the saw up, it's noticeably faster than the 600. With the factory porting, unlimited coil etc, I have no doubt it is. I don't have a tach so I couldn't tell you what RPM each saw was running. But here is the surprising thing: In the cut, I couldn't tell much difference between the two. The 600 has so damn much torque it really surprised me. Would I choose it over the 620? Absolutely not. When the 620 gets that really restrictive 90* deflector cut out, the tab delete and tune like the 600, I think it will be a beast.

I'm I happy with the 600? Definitely. Will I get it ported? No. Although it would be fun to run one that has been, I don't think (for the average firewood cutter like me) it is necessary. You can really lean on this saw (although I don't) and it just keeps grunting through the cut. What more could you ask for? It is reasonably priced, torquey as hell, reliable as the day is long (it's an Echo), starts easy, is fuel efficient, and did I mention good looking? My opinion of course:).

Yes Mike and I were talking about the fact that from the factory the 620 has much more going for it, bigger carb, better porting #s, unlimited coil and full wrap. If you are interested in any of those items the 620 may be the saw for you...

THAT being said, the 600P is a great saw as well with tons of torque and a muffler mod and good tune (let alone porting) will really bring it to life. I don't know that the unlimited coil makes a huge difference as these saws don't seem to need the chain speed that some others shoot for.

Food for thought BigBlock maybe try and grab bplusts 600P for 325 plus shipping and have rattler port that... It would be about the same cost, probably less and you would have (for all intensive purposes) the same saw!?

i'm starting to think your on rattlers payroll :rolleyes:. if not, maybe you guys are lovers? you sure seem to like that thing he does :laugh:

i'm starting to think your on rattlers payroll :rolleyes:. if not, maybe you guys are lovers? you sure seem to like that thing he does :laugh:
Shane was this really called for man? I use to like to read what you said now seems now never any good info just a bunch of chatter about folks.

Porting? Yeah, I do. I think Mike is a stand up guy, but I also appreciate the work he does and the fact he is not blinded by brand. Don't be spiteful just because no one mentions or is grateful for the work you do or how you treat them.

Back