'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0bb8c003f8f61091bcf02c2a15d69e1d.jpg

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

No Sir that gives you a duel port muff just be sure to clean it out really good when you don't won't any grindings left in their. I recommend you wash it out good before and after modding it that way the grindings font have any oil residue to stick too.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

95 pages! Took me a week in my spare time. Just wanted to say thank you for all the great info on my new saw "620p" got it for Father's Day. I already mod the deflector still need to delete the limiter tabs and tune. I've run almost two gallons of gas through it so it should be broke in now

Does anyone know why cs-361p 35.8cc is $400 and cs-400 40cc is $300
Weight and built off the 355 platform. So it is a bit lighter/ more agile. Maybe faster revving with higher rpm for limbing.
Also comes with a little better bar and chain is think.

Thank you CoreyB. I was hoping to learn how much or if any magnesium is used in the case, I assume both are a clamshell design so probably all plastic, if steel inserts in plastic or just plastic with self taping screws. Also would like to know about piston rod is it forged or cast, crank is it one or two piece, bearings are they same or is one heavier. Also I can't find bore/ stroke anywhere, I like longer stroke more torque. Thank you in advance for any info I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer my questions.

Randy did a threat on modding the 355T with some pics of the internals and by his book it is a well designed engine. By all accounts, and I have owned a 355T, they run well and are great value. Some of the climbers here will say that they preffer the 200/201 design over the echo for durability. Chris (kenjaxtree) noted that his 355T had lots of broken plastic on it.‎ Keep in mind, echo parts may be priced to be replaced, than priced to replace the saw. Also the durability reports come from pro climbers subjecting their tools to more use. Nothing broken on my saw and it ran great with a muffler mod and limiters trimmed, I also advanced the ignition 6 degrees, for better throttle response.

As far as the construction, it has a stuffed crank, looks like forged three piece, transfer tunnel inserts, and a domed piston, non cat muffler, and adjustable carb. ‎Echo post the IPL on there website. The euro equivalent of the 355T is the 360TES, and I believe it has a cat muffler. It gets good reviews.
As for the 361P, like previously mentioned a rear handled 355. The price point reflects the low demand and volume for these saws. One of the dealers on here mentioned he had some run time on it and said it accelerated better than the 355T. It has a different coil.
Cheers

IMG_20160806_185625.jpg so finally got a chance to go out and tune my 590 and the clutch was slipping guess some bar oil got in there some how.
IMG_20160807_110111.jpg cleaned up and back together off to the wood pile again.
IMG_20160807_155122.jpg deflector opened limiters trimmed went out a quarter turn on the high and just a smidge on the low. @Ranchers-son I'd get those limiters deleted as soon as you can iv heard this saw go off the rev limiter bone stock with the limiters full rich I didn't even consider putting it in wood with out deleting them so I could tune it after opening the deflector.

View attachment 518454 so finally got a chance to go out and tune my 590 and the clutch was slipping guess some bar oil got in there some how.
View attachment 518456 cleaned up and back together off to the wood pile again.
View attachment 518458 deflector opened limiters trimmed went out a quarter turn on the high and just a smidge on the low. @Ranchers-son I'd get those limiters deleted as soon as you can iv heard this saw go off the rev limiter bone stock with the limiters full rich I didn't even consider putting it in wood with out deleting them so I could tune it after opening the deflector.
Thanks for the advice, I only had it out once for about 20 minutes( just had to hear it) kept in some big wood but I thought it sounded lean so I shut er down. P.s. Left the spark arrester on and did nothing to the muffler, need to learn more about this 80% rule first

Thanks for the advice, I only had it out once for about 20 minutes( just had to hear it) kept in some big wood but I thought it sounded lean so I shut er down. P.s. Left the spark arrester on and did nothing to the muffler, need to learn more about this 80% rule first
I don't plan on doing any more to open the muff on mine unless the saw gets ported. Spark screen has to stay in mine do to cutting on state land at times may try to find some less restrictive screen and make my own that flows better.

Back