'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There for stink bugs here in PA. Those things will climb into anything.

That got me thinking I should probably plug my muffler when it's not in use.

Did you BG delete that thing yet? From the 4 different muffler mods I did on that saw the loud one made the most power and best response.....unfortunately. I think I referred to it as the eardesplittingloudenboomer mod lol. And how about a BUMP!!!!!!

That got me thinking I should probably plug my muffler when it's not in use.

Did you BG delete that thing yet? From the 4 different muffler mods I did on that saw the loud one made the most power and best response.....unfortunately. I think I referred to it as the eardesplittingloudenboomer mod lol. And how about a BUMP!!!!!!
No the base gasket is still in this is my main fire wood saw so need it to be dead nuts reliable. Looking for a cheap 590 on CL to play with if BG delete goes well on that one I'll do this one. The play saw if I find one will get the eardesplitterloudenboomer muff mod. Still thinking about sending @El Moobs a pm about having the 490 ported. I'm poor its why I run echo's :laughing:. Plus the wife will want to know why I need to spend money on a saw that already cuts wood and you know what they say the legs close faster then they open.

Just walked in the hardware store last night, had 620PW on clearance for $475 assembled. $525 for one in a box. They keep dropping price every week. Making me tempted to pick it up....

My big question is is the performance between 590 and 620 enough to warrant the price difference when a muff mod and gasket delete will have the 590 running just as hard and can be done for nearly nothing. I know rim drive and full wrap metal handle but there not needed in my opinion. The more I look at it the 620 only makes sense if you arent willing to mod the cheaper saw. I'm probly wrong though have been before. Let's hear some of your thoughts on my theory.

My big question is is the performance between 590 and 620 enough to warrant the price difference when a muff mod and gasket delete will have the 590 running just as hard and can be done for nearly nothing. I know rim drive and full wrap metal handle but there not needed in my opinion. The more I look at it the 620 only makes sense if you arent willing to mod the cheaper saw. I'm probly wrong though have been before. Let's hear some of your thoughts on my theory.
One aspect one should not exclude to the difference between 590 and 620 is, as far as I have understood, the bar included into the package. You get a sugi hara or tsumura bar with the 620 that belongs to the absolute top bar brands out there. On the other hand the 590 has a generic oregon bar. For a homeowner/firewooder that will hardly make any difference. For an ambitious firewooder the japanese bar quality will far outlast the generic oregon! No idea what the costs are in the us but here the price difference between the two bar types can easily be triple.

One aspect one should not exclude to the difference between 590 and 620 is, as far as I have understood, the bar included into the package. You get a sugi hara or tsumura bar with the 620 that belongs to the absolute top bar brands out there. On the other hand the 590 has a generic oregon bar. For a homeowner/firewooder that will hardly make any difference. For an ambitious firewooder the japanese bar quality will far outlast the generic oregon! No idea what the costs are in the us but here the price difference between the two bar types can easily be triple.

thank you for your input. It sent me on a trip to Google to learn about the sugi bars. My dealer only stocks the 590 so iv never had the chance to handle a 620. He will order higher end saws if you want them but its mostly fire wood cutters that buy saws there.

Just walked in the hardware store last night, had 620PW on clearance for $475 assembled. $525 for one in a box. They keep dropping price every week. Making me tempted to pick it up....

If that hardware store and everyone else sticks to the usual $400.00 price for the 490 without offering it for $350.00,
then $475.00 for the 620 would be worth the price difference.

Just acquired a CS-590. I will put the muffler on my flowbench and do a before/after comparison to validate the common Muffler mod for this saw.

A graduated approach would be awesome... something like:

1. Stock Muffler
2. External deflector modified (remove inner piece that redirect flow 90*)
3. Internal mods (hole on back plate, removal of baffle tube, etc...)
4. Second port
5. Etc...

It would be nice to know if there's eardesplitterloudenboomer performance with out ear splitting noise.:yes:
If you do "fish gill's" the sound increase isn't supposed to be that bad. These are a few pics from members here.

img_20141121_155929-jpg.381055

PICT0032.jpg

Back