'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I've done to mine lately is crank it and let it run. Hopefully next weekend I can get it into some wood as well as I might be getting a cs-400 for limbing since there aren't any dolly dealership around for a 421.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Love my 590. Can't beat it for the money. I got mine for $315 shipped on eBay "lightly used"- I couldn't even tell if it had ever been fueled. Pulled limiters, mild muffler mod, and it's pulled 24" chisel through oak and black walnut. I don't get out the CS-8000 very often, it wears the 32" bar and sometimes the mill.

Only problem I've had is the plastic clutch cover. It's mushrooming around the tensioner screw. Is the 620 cover metal? I may have to pick one up.

Love my 590. Can't beat it for the money. I got mine for $315 shipped on eBay "lightly used"- I couldn't even tell if it had ever been fueled. Pulled limiters, mild muffler mod, and it's pulled 24" chisel through oak and black walnut. I don't get out the CS-8000 very often, it wears the 32" bar and sometimes the mill.

Only problem I've had is the plastic clutch cover. It's mushrooming around the tensioner screw. Is the 620 cover metal? I may have to pick one up.
Do you have a pic of the cover.

Do you have a pic of the cover.
I trimmed some of the plastic of with a knife. It was interfering with the screw turning.

fe2bd0de37a2dfa9da7e234582a4008b.jpg

I've had my 590 for over three years now the chain tensioner did strip out they replaced it free of charge thats the only issue I've had after alot of use. I actually bought two and haven't fired up the second one the only things I've done are add an o ring under the air filter to keep fine dust out and a muffler mod.

I've had my 590 for over three years now the chain tensioner did strip out they replaced it free of charge thats the only issue I've had after alot of use. I actually bought two and haven't fired up the second one the only things I've done are add an o ring under the air filter to keep fine dust out and a muffler mod.
I use heavy grease at the base of the filter on mine.

Ya the 620 is a mag cover. it's set up for Stihl style bar nuts and a different outer spike. you would have to not run the 620 outer or buy both 620 spikes.

Strictly theoretical question: would you consider an Echo CS620 an improvement over a Stihl MS290?
I know the 620 has magnesium casings, a decompression valve to make starting easier etc but what I am truly interested in are real-world performances: is it worth the price difference?

Thanks.

I had a 290 for five years before i sold it and bought my first 590 to me it is more powerful and can be modified as well as more comfortable with longer bars when and if i can justify it ill buy a 620 for even more power and the option of full wrap handlebar I'm a lefty.

I compared between the ms291 and the echo cs590 and chose the echo. Mainly due to just being used to buying pro level stuff. I love stihl and have 2 pro string trimmers and a bg55 blower. Just couldn't justify the Stihl pro price for my uses in a 60cc saw. I don't feel like my echo will let me down. A lot of people see the non strato design being a negative for echo, I see it as a positive. It's the technology that got stihl and Husqvarna their name. My 20 year old fs85 cranks and runs every time even after semi pro use and weed eating a cemetery 8 hours straight every other weekend for years. Where the fs 90 my dad gave me to see if I can get started won't run after 2-3 years of just mowing maybe 4-5 yards. I'll take a little "less" power and a more "crude" design for long term reliability every time. Guess it's why I drive Toyotas too.

As the non pro parts wear out on my echo I'll replace them with pro level parts and just keep on cutting.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back