30 below

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lot's Warmer in Nebraska

We might reach -2 F here. Amazing how cold it gets in northern Minnesota.

I imagine that Bemidji is still colder than your town, but I could be wrong. If you throw a glass of tap water in the air, most of it will hit the ground as ice.

Showing -18 in eastern Clay County. Had to dig out a few loader buckets of wood after blowing out the driveway this evening, was -19F then. Hydraulics on loader were super slow/stiff. I like going out to fill the OWB on nights like this, makes me feel like I spent my money wisely, can sit and watch the smoke go straight up in the cold air for a while... Stay warm and plug in your pickup tonight.

to cold to type without!!

to cold to type without gloves hey!! lol its 9:15 pm and -22 degs. with a 10mph nw wind!! low tonight for here is -27 and 20mph..... ok need to go set on the stove again to thaw my frozen azz.... they dont call us "BRAINDEAD IN BRAINERD" for nothing ..... lol keep warm friends!!

wind is calm out here now which is fine by me. Unfortunately my vehicle doesn't have a heater installed but still starts up in the cold, just takes a few extra cranks is all. hope everyone's heat is keeping up just fine

Here in Wisconsin just south of the bay it is at 0. In the house it is at 68 broke into my stash of locust mixing it with elm seems to keep up a good hot fire.

Beefie

Here in Southern IL it will get down to about 2. That's the coldest it's been since I moved here 14 years ago. Rather nice for this Montana transplant. Haven't felt 30 below since I left God's Country. I miss the cold weather, but perhaps not quite that cold.

Only -16 a ways north of St.Cloud so far, but I know by morning that means -25 or cooler. Oh well, nothing we haven't been through before. After being over at a friends place earlier who doesnt burn wood, sure makes me appreciate a warm house to come home to on these chilly nights.

Currently -18 across the creek here in Cheezeland. Just checked a wx map a hour or so ago and Frostbite Falls (International Falls MN for you southerners) was at -42 at 1am. There's a reason companies set up shop there in the winter for cold weather testing. Hope it warms up a bit before mid-Feb when I head up for some fishin.

I woke up a few minutes ago and decided to check things out. Its about 4:30 am and -31. I checked out the temps around the state and I see northern Mn is getting plastered with cold temps. - 44 at International falls at the present time. You can bet the farm a full moon in Jan means that the temps are among the coldest the winter has to offer.

-31 Here in Princeton this morning. Coldest I have seen was a couple of years back it went to -45 or so. I remeber I had a picture of the thermometer in the truck. It was a diesel truck and it ran fine that day. Funny what a little preparedness will do for a man. Stay warm folks, spring is on the way.

Coming to CT this weekend as well. We're hearing -10 overnight...I love my stove!

At 8 a.m. Palisade,Mn.
Temp: -27°F
Wind: Calm

You betcha you're from Minnesota when...
You only own three spices...salt, pepper and ketchup.
You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
You've spent the last 15 minutes getting your child dressed to play in the snow only to have him tell you he has to go to the POTTY NOW!
You thought Grumpy Old Men was documentary.
You design your Halloween costumes to fit over snowmobile suits.
You feel warm and toasty at -12°.
You know what leaves make good toilet paper.
You know the four seasons—Winter, Still Winter, Not Winter and Almost Winter.
Or: You know there are only two seasons—Winter and The Time When They Fill In The Potholes In The Road.
Though you're not breaking the law, you break into a cold sweat when the game warden appears.
You know Ole and Lena personally.
You owe more money on your snowmobile than your car.
You think the opening of deer season is a national holiday.
You find -40° only a mite chilly.
You think everyone from a different state has an accent.
Your husband thinks sexy lingerie is a flannel nightgown with only eight buttons.
You've ever taken your kids trick-or-treating in a blizzard.
You find it exciting to stare through a hole in the ice and look at the bottom.
You have ten favorite recipes for venison.
You can tell the difference between a gopher and a chipmunk at 300 yards.
You think white rice is exotic and wild rice is a hot dish.
You've attended a formal affair in your best dress, wearing your finest jewelry and your Sorrels.
Somewhere in the state is a piece of frozen metal with bits of your tongue stuck to it.
At least three times a year your kitchen doubles as a meat processing plant.
When you win the prize for the smallest fish, you're proud of it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back