372xp replacement bar and chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Jline

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Need to replace bar and chain. Currently have stock 20’’ / .058 / 3/8.
Sprocket- power mate 3/8-7
Question- can I change to 20”/ .050/ 3/8 bar?
I want to get a higher performance bar, but they seem to be harder to find in the .058. Same with chains.
Thanks! kinda new to the game learning fast with this sites help.

Yes, you can switch to 3/8 .050 bar. You'll need a different chain also, but the sprocket on the saw doesn't need to be changed.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "higher performance bar". Also, it may require a special order or an online purchase, but you can get pretty much any kind of chain in any gauge.

Yes, you can switch to 3/8 .050 bar. You'll need a different chain also, but the sprocket on the saw doesn't need to be changed.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "higher performance bar". Also, it may require a special order or an online purchase, but you can get pretty much any kind of chain in any gauge.
Better/harder bar? husqvarna bar seem to degrade quickly. Something that will last longer I only need 20”

Better/harder bar? husqvarna bar seem to degrade quickly. Something that will last longer I only need 20”

Gotcha. I was thinking you were looking for a bar that would make your saw cut faster.

Husky bars are made by Oregon. You're right about them not lasting super long. The rails aren't that hard so they do wear faster than some other brands.

If you're looking for something more durable, the top shelf choices are Cannon, Tsumura, and Sugihara. Cannon is probably the best, but they're heavy and probably the most expensive. Made in Canada. The other two are both made in Japan. Very hard rails. Both brands make regular solid bars with replaceable sprocket noses and a lighter weight version with some of the metal cut out and replaced with fancy polymer. Sugihara are a fair amount more expensive. @redbull660 can hook you up with the Tsumura bars at a VERY reasonable price. Only downside with them is that compared to a stihl, Cannon, or Sugihara, the tips aren't quite as durable. If you do a lot of bore cutting, they may not be the best choice.

Another option is running Stihl bars with an adapter. They make better bars than Oregon and they're not super spendy.

Gotcha. I was thinking you were looking for a bar that would make your saw cut faster.

Husky bars are made by Oregon. You're right about them not lasting super long. The rails aren't that hard so they do wear faster than some other brands.

If you're looking for something more durable, the top shelf choices are Cannon, Tsumura, and Sugihara. Cannon is probably the best, but they're heavy and probably the most expensive. Made in Canada. The other two are both made in Japan. Very hard rails. Both brands make regular solid bars with replaceable sprocket noses and a lighter weight version with some of the metal cut out and replaced with fancy polymer. Sugihara are a fair amount more expensive. @redbull660 can hook you up with the Tsumura bars at a VERY reasonable price. Only downside with them is that compared to a stihl, Cannon, or Sugihara, the tips aren't quite as durable. If you do a lot of bore cutting, they may not be the best choice.

Another option is running Stihl bars with an adapter. They make better bars than Oregon and they're not super spendy.
I’m

Latest posts

Back