661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what do you make of { opti 2 )

have some. haven't ran it yet.

Have you ran any of the Lucas? If not will you do a test on it. It seems to be real good for the price.

several people including myself have ran it 32:1. Consensus was it was very dry inside for being 32:1. There are better options for the same money. For example the schaeffers 7000 for approx $28 a gallon or schaeffers 9000 for approx $45 a gallon. Another cost effective would be yamalube 2r. All should be run 32:1.

A very smart person I know said the lube between the piston and cylinder isn't the reason he runs 32:1. What needs the oil is the bearings.

When Mobil1 2t was taken off the market I actually contacted them about it "I'm sure others did as well" the rep I spoke with said their was no chance of the oil returning. It was a phenomenal oil, It had lots of PIB.

I still prefer ester oils for a few reasons. K2 is still my overall favorite, it has a good ester backbone with a good amount of PIB. HP2 is a good choice with it's high film strength. For the ultimate oil in extreme use, R50 and Motul 800 are unbeatable.

I agree it's all about the bottom end keeping the crank seal nice and wet.

And yes I just replied to an oil thread again.[emoji33]

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

When Mobil1 2t was taken off the market I actually contacted them about it "I'm sure others did as well" the rep I spoke with said their was no chance of the oil returning. It was a phenomenal oil, It had lots of PIB.

I still prefer ester oils for a few reasons. K2 is still my overall favorite, it has a good ester backbone with a good amount of PIB. HP2 is a good choice with it's high film strength. For the ultimate oil in extreme use, R50 and Motul 800 are unbeatable.

I agree it's all about the bottom end keeping the crank seal nice and wet.

And yes I just replied to an oil thread again.[emoji33]

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
MX2T was a carboxyl ester oil. No PIB in its blend.
It was great stuff. Sad to see it go.

I ran a similar test with these ratios using multiple saws, both ported and stock, with tunable carbs.
The stihl ultra will lose power mixed richer because it was formulated to run at 50:1, and it has a lower rating of "FB", so I decided to not use it.
I picked three different brands of "FD" rated oil off the saw store shelf: Stihl hp super, red armor, and husqvarna xp. I remember similar results to Julian's test at lower rpm's. When I started testing different tunes I noticed 32:1 was providing more power and faster cuts at a higher rpm than 50:1. Higher rpm as in dialing it up as high as can go while still audibly 4 stroking. That rpm level is beyond the limit of an auto tune and the typical work saw, but not for gtg's and racing.

This may be of interest to some (WalMart Supertech MSDS):

https://www.msdsdigital.com/2-cycle-oil-super-tech-universal-msds

Chemical Name CAS No Weight-% Trade Secret

Petroleum distillates, hydrotreated heavy paraffinic 64742-54-7 60 - 100

* Petroleum distillates, hydrodesulfurized middle 64742-80-9 5 - 10

* Mineral seal oil 64741-44-2 5 - 10

* Kerosene 8008-20-6 5 - 10

* Distillates, petroleum, hydrodesulfurized light catalytic cracked 68333-25-5 5 - 10

* Kerosine, petroleum, hydrodesulfurized 64742-81-0 1 - 5

* Distillates, petroleum, light hydrocracked 64741-77-1 1 - 5

* Petroleum distillates, solvent dewaxed heavy paraffinic 64742-65-0 0.1 - 1

* Naphthalene 91-20-3 0.1 - 1

*The exact percentage (concentration) of composition has been withheld as a trade secret
1294072_WM - Super Tech Universal 2-Cycle Engine Oil Revision Date 26-Oct-2015

I use Motul 2T 800 offroad in a brand new(first tank of gas barely used up) Makita EA6100P, 30ml to 1 liter of 95 octane gas . Barely gets warm(about 5 degrees Celcius here in Romania),revs easy,revs fast, smokes a bit only when revved from idle. Some unburned oil can be seen dripping on the stainless steel exhaust.Still have to figure out how to do the "break in " of the engine... I'll burn tommorow at least 4 more gas tanks maybe it will make a difference ,before I really start cutting 20 inch/50 cm diameter logs... Although somebody here,with far more experience and several gas chainsaws(this the first ever chainsaw for me) ,said breaking in for this makita 6100 model took the most to accomplish/finnish...
Still no response from him ,although he made me curios just how long it took him...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220306-104629.png
    Screenshot_20220306-104629.png
    456.4 KB · Views: 2
I use Motul 2T 800 offroad in a brand new(first tank of gas barely used up) Makita EA6100P, 30ml to 1 liter of 95 octane gas . Barely gets warm(about 5 degrees Celcius here in Romania),revs easy,revs fast, smokes a bit only when revved from idle. Some unburned oil can be seen dripping on the stainless steel exhaust.Still have to figure out how to do the "break in " of the engine... I'll burn tommorow at least 4 more gas tanks maybe it will make a difference ,before I really start cutting 20 inch/50 cm diameter logs... Although somebody here,with far more experience and several gas chainsaws(this the first ever chainsaw for me) ,said breaking in for this makita 6100 model took the most to accomplish/finnish...
Still no response from him ,although he made me curios just how long it took him...

Go out and start cutting wood, that's how you break it in.

Back