Alert Jred saws on eBay not as advertised

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 2250's, not so sure they can be made bigger. I know the 2166's can. If the 2250 can be made bigger, please post a link as to how to do it. They are the same as the husky 450 ranchers correct?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
Sorry, I thought you got the big ones. Not much you can do with those. Open up the muffler, advance the timing. Port work?

Sorry, I thought you got the big ones. Not much you can do with those. Open up the muffler, advance the timing. Port work?
I thought about getting one but I have a Dolmar ps6000i and a makita dsc6401 so I really don't need a bigger saw, unless I found a great deal on a 85+cc saw.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

The pics clearly show some saws that look to have been refurbished. Both my 2166 are model year 2016, both are stamped R however after tearing them down it's clear neither of these have never been run and doesn't appear to have been used or made of use of parts.

You have every right to be pissed!! $500 ain't a bad deal on a pretty much new 2166 but considering it was advertised as new and many are getting new, you deserve better!

I took the top end off one of mine, looks to only been test run.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1869.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1869.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 50
  • thumbnail_IMG_1870.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1870.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 49
  • thumbnail_IMG_1868.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1868.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 49
  • thumbnail_IMG_1871.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1871.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 49
  • thumbnail_IMG_1872.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1872.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 51
  • thumbnail_IMG_1874.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1874.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 49
  • thumbnail_IMG_1875.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1875.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 48
I took the top end off one of mine, looks to only been test run.

What year is your saw? Thanks for the pics . Nice looking.
So far the year range on the 2166’s looks to be
2013-2016. The 2013’s look they have some corrosion. After doing my 2013 & 2016 transfer port mod they both started with 6-7 pulls and tuned right up. I will be buying more as they sale. One heck of a low cost Pro model firewood saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What year is your saw? Thanks for the pics . Nice looking.
So far the year range on the 2166’s looks to be
2013-2016. The 2013’s look they have some corrosion. After doing my 2013 & 2016 transfer port mod they both started with 6-7 pulls and tuned right up. I will be buying more as they sale. One heck of a low cost Pro model firewood saw.

Both of mine are 2016.

My fuel tank had gas in it, looks like it was dumped out and called good. I never pulled the plug. Are any of you guy’s plastics differently colored, my fuel tank sticks out like a sore thumb. My oil tank whole is corroded so bad that the cap won’t screw in or off without a pliers

My fuel tank had gas in it, looks like it was dumped out and called good. I never pulled the plug. Are any of you guy’s plastics differently colored, my fuel tank sticks out like a sore thumb. My oil tank hole is corroded so bad that the cap won’t screw in or off without a pliers
The oil hole on the one I tore into today had a little on it and it was very tight, a scrench slipped off it and damaged the cap a little(time for some flippy caps), some oil on it and she's working well now.
I could not tell this one had fuel in it at all, but the piston had a wash pattern on it and you could tell the plug had been fired. Pretty sure it was fired at the plant, but had never seen wood. This one is a 2013, with the "R" on the tank also. It pulled a 24" great when I finished with it.
Anyone need an Xtorq P&C, I've got an extra.

The oil hole on the one I tore into today had a little on it and it was very tight, a scrench slipped off it and damaged the cap a little(time for some flippy caps), some oil on it and she's working well now.
I could not tell this one had fuel in it at all, but the piston had a wash pattern on it and you could tell the plug had been fired. Pretty sure it was fired at the plant, but had never seen wood. This one is a 2013, with the "R" on the tank also. It pulled a 24" great when I finished with it.
Anyone need an Xtorq P&C, I've got an extra.
Did you put a 50mm or 51.4 cylinder on er, leave the RWJ on it?

@chipper1 TRY IT .. It might help you!!!! Lol I doubt it. Working in my shop modding the beautiful 2166’s I have !!!!!
Plenty of protection on eBay and PayPal for me!!!
90d55f5164c3f45089a2c80137720196.jpg

So what I hear you saying is, Bill is allowed to respond to someone, chipper1 is not.
How I interpret what your saying, Bill doesn't really have anything on chipper1 so in an attempt to take the focus off the question and the facts posted Bill posted another decoy post.
I really like the part where "Bill sees something that offends him. Bill moves on.
Or just answer the question.
Really, where are all these post of me putting people down, I'd like to see them.
Be sure to quote them from the site so everyone can see the context.

Back