American Made Saws...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget ,when you buy a forign product like toyota instead of a ford.Your money goes over seas instead of in our economy.I now they have plants here,but it all about where the money ends up.That's why the euro is kicking our but right now.When china takes hold we will really be in troble:dizzy:

But a lot of it stays here, not as much as with a Ford/Dodge/Chevy, but the bulk of it stays here and ends up in our pockets.

I've got nothing against buying things from comparable economies. I'll buy European stuff, American stuff, Canadian stuff, etc and not blink an eye. I avoid buying stuff from China. Can't always do it, but you can try.

Mark

But a lot of it stays here, not as much as with a Ford/Dodge/Chevy, but the bulk of it stays here and ends up in our pockets.

I've got nothing against buying things from comparable economies. I'll buy European stuff, American stuff, Canadian stuff, etc and not blink an eye. I avoid buying stuff from China. Can't always do it, but you can try.

Mark

That's where you are wrong.The bulk of it goes over there.That's why we have the largest dept of any country today and getting worse by the minute.THats why the dollar is shrinking in value as wwe speak.WAKE UP DUDE.Before it's too late.

I dissagree.Buying forign oil didn't keep prices at bay and neither will buying forign products IT WILL CATCH UP TO YOU SOMEDAY.Remember that next time you drive that forign car.It's destroying are economy.Just look at the direction we are going in right now.It's not going to be pretty.:chainsaw:

I always like a good argument. I disagree with you slab. foreign oil doesn't keep our prices at bay because 95 percent of our oil comes from the middle east.Its a monopoly.If perhaps oil was pulled from throughout the world prices would settle down for a little while. Imagine a full bathtub. Now imagine america pouring in one cup into that full tub. Do you really think this little piss cup of oil is going to steal the market from the middle east. This shows the oil industry is a monopoly.Gas is cheap in America. Why don't you go overseas and see what happens when you have a ####ty economy. Prices are outrageous. Now imagine This is what would happen to America if you don't allow foreign products and support them to a certain extent. See your not reading in between the lines. Let me explain.America's economy isn't necessary a failure. We have the highest gross domestic product (gpa) out of all countries. The problems are government spending increasing the national debt which is the highest. Its not because of what we buy. Now the quality may vary where you buy a product, but you get what you pay for. Another thing, we do get a large portion of profit from products imported into america. because foreign products are tariffed and have to pay taxes to import a good. That is a large portion of foreign profit. Then products of foreign origin made in America for example honda. Every car produced by them a percentage goes toward Labor. American labor. It supports our countries economy. They are providing jobs for people in need and even pay more generous that American origin companies laying people off(ford). Wake up Dude

Last edited:
Seem to me you got it all backwards.Job losses associated with the U.S / China trade imbalance are estimated at some 2.1 million through 2006.Information released by the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission noted with ALARM that job lossssssess to China alone had doubled in the years following its admission into the World Trade Organization in 2001.As far as Monoplys go,Cars were alot cheeper when they were built here only!! Also if we were producing more oil over here instead of buying it over there, it would be alot cheaper for us.The reason it is more over in Europe is because they don't have the refineries like we do_Our problem started when we fell into world trade TRAP.:chainsaw:

Last edited:
I'll agree with you about refineries and Europe doesn't buy fuel in the masses like we do. But how the hell are you going to produce oil or pull oil that isn't here(USA). That is why its a monopoly. Do you mean alternative fuels. Yeah were slowly starting on that. Perhaps cars were alot cheaper when they were made in the us because how many decades ago was this i probably wasn't even born.Everything use to be cheaper years ago. there is a thing called inflation. O yes it was a world trade center trap. I think it was just poor national security.On top of that America thought war was necessary and spent billions of dollars. Foreign products are still not responsible for our problems as a country.Note we are not only talking about china neither. If we were i guess you could say our whole country's screwed up from China because Capitalism is derived from Communism.

Last edited:
Hell, all my saws are made in America. I take three or four junkers and make one good one right here in the good ol US of A. They may have been born in another country, but I give them life here.:chainsawguy:

Just a little lead in your TEA !

Chinese products contain all kinds of dangerous substances, from toxin and diseases in seafood to lead in toys and TEA!A recent report by National Public Radio,for example,showed that a Chinese herbal tea producer sped up the prosess of drying tea leafs by running over them with trucks.The leaded gas used by Chinese vehicles litterally dumped thousands of pounds of lead into the tea.So Folks who believe a little cup of herbal TEA might give them a healthier life are ironically poisoning themselves.HOW NICE. Is this what we have to look forward to?:dizzy:

Last edited:
Im not talking about just China, i know they don't have restrictions. You don't have to point that out, i was talking about foreign products in general.It seems you have a passion to hate China. You should thank them for loaning us all this money everyday and giving us an idea for Capitalism.

I meant to quote the "everyone ones a 361 post...I don't know what happened there:dizzy:

You should go McCulloch, and get an old Lancaster made right in good old Pennsyltucky. Maybe get a Mall vintage 1946, good saws.
Mall saws will make a man out of you, that for sure!!!, but when they first came out most guys were used to pushing and pulling the old cross cut saws by hand, so they were men already.

Fyi

The biggest thing ALL of your are forgetting is NAFTA. That is the reason other companies from other countries can outsell our american companies. There are several factors there. #1, they have to pay zero taxes to bring in they're goods because of NAFTA. The second thing is wages in the US. A company I worked for had janitors making $50k/yr to mop floors. We've already lost when it comes to what they can sell for. They can be competitive, this means selling for a little less and as americans most people look to save every nickel they can. Hence, they pay their workers almost nothing, then they pay NO taxes to import, they are ahead before their products even get to the stores. Unions coupled with crooked fatcat politicians and old treaties have been the demise of the american economy. Unions are the reason janitors are making $25/hr, politicians are taking kickbacks to keep the old treaties in place, and we as americans allow this to go on. Not necessarily us, but people in general. We as americans shouldn't be afraid of the damned politicians, they should be afraid of US!!!!!!!!!! Just my .02 and a side no one had mentioned...

:cheer: eh?

thats true about the unions see America is destroying itself by making wrong decisions. Its not the foreign products being sold. By the way Nafta takes away tariffs from Canada and Mexico only so they can sell there stuff amongst us without paying taxes. The rest of the world still has to pay tariffs though.

Last edited:
Andddd

thats true about the unions see America is destroying itself by making wrong decisions. Its not the foreign products being sold. By the way Nafta takes away tariffs from Canada and Mexico only so they can sell there stuff amongst use without paying taxes. The rest of the world still has to pay tariffs.

And that my friend is how they get around it. They ship stuff to Canada/Mexico and import from there to avoid the taxes. When I worked at the border I used to see all the crap coming for Wal-fart, well, that was why. They'd bring it into Canada, then import to the U.S. Tricky eh?

:jawdrop:

Everyone is forgetting one thing, (thats right this thread got way off base, however it has some good responses) at one time the U.S.A. was totally self sufficient, Oil, Crops, Meat based food products, defense, etc. thats what made it such a great independent place for everyone to live: Today, we outsource everything! It will take a major downfall, both financially and in reputation, to get the public to stand up for themselves and demand what this country was built on: INDEPENDENCE!! We are already starting to loose the reputation and the financial status that we once touted as the the best in the world. This country is in such a downward spiral due to the politicians, media, and oil traders, there seems to be no end to date. I say, get back to basics, we can be totally self sufficient again, lets tap the natural resourses in Alaska, do you want to hug a tree or feed your family? Lets un-cap the gas lines that are currently capped off (with no rights owned by the landowners, most of which were sold to gas companies in the late 60's & early 70's) throughout the Northeastern states; they wouldn't still be capped if there was nothing there right? This country as a whole needs to look at where we came from and get back to it before its too late! I know I'm not the only one with this opinion, so lets see some feedback.......

ill agree with you on that, they can't do it with all products though. Also only the countries that have free trade agreements with mexico and canada too. Good information i kind of overlooked that point of view.thanks for the enlightening.

Last edited:
Everyone is forgetting one thing, (thats right this thread got way off base, however it has some good responses) at one time the U.S.A. was totally self sufficient, Oil, Crops, Meat based food products, defense, etc. thats what made it such a great independent place for everyone to live: Today, we outsource everything! It will take a major downfall, both financially and in reputation, to get the public to stand up for themselves and demand what this country was built on: INDEPENDENCE!! We are already starting to loose the reputation and the financial status that we once touted as the the best in the world. This country is in such a downward spiral due to the politicians, media, and oil traders, there seems to be no end to date. I say, get back to basics, we can be totally self sufficient again, lets tap the natural resourses in Alaska, do you want to hug a tree or feed your family? Lets un-cap the gas lines that are currently capped off (with no rights owned by the landowners, most of which were sold to gas companies in the late 60's & early 70's) throughout the Northeastern states; they wouldn't still be capped if there was nothing there right? This country as a whole needs to look at where we came from and get back to it before its too late! I know I'm not the only one with this opinion, so lets see some feedback.......

I thought about that myself. The problem is Alaska alone cannot supply our oil demand. I feel our country is no longer capable of providing and catering everyones needs as a constitutional republic, so thats where the outsourcing comes in. Personally though, i see no harm in foreign competetion is just seems to bring about higher quality products and competitive pricing. If we didn't have competition, stihl would of never brought out the 361 to crush it.:clap: I'll agree with you though everyone has a different respective outlook

That's where you are wrong.The bulk of it goes over there.That's why we have the largest dept of any country today and getting worse by the minute.THats why the dollar is shrinking in value as wwe speak.WAKE UP DUDE.Before it's too late.

Before you try and educate oldsaw, you should know that he's got a graduate degree in business and has made a successful career out of economic issues. What do you have?

Man

Before you try and educate oldsaw, you should know that he's got a graduate degree in business and has made a successful career out of economic issues. What do you have?

Why you always hatin' dude??? I've never seen someone so negative all the time. If I were there with you I'd give you a big hug, or prolly a beer or root beer barrel. Or my wife would. You'd feel better if you just had a big hug I think, or a root beer barrel. So much hate... I feel if you'd take the time to run a Stihl for a few days your outlook would be alot better dude. Most Husky users have that penned up aggression. I love you man...

:cheers: :jester: :laugh:

Latest posts

Back