Anybody collect anything besides chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8424c26fa55d355b1dfaf072dd0f8c17.jpg
longbows

very nice! :)

Tools. I like to fix stuff and a guy has to have him some tools.

>and a guy has to have him some tools.

Amen!, brother... Amen!! :) go for it, heck I tell everyone... I got more tools than Home Depot and... Lowes combined. lol... :laughing: said that once in Lowes to tool sales guy when needing a tool... not a kit... just one simple too. then while theirs did fit, decided to make my own and it fit even better. the Jr Tool Trainee... hopped and skipped to keep up as the sales guy lead on to where what I wanted hung... and the Jr Tool Trainee guy said, "really? really!??, you got more than Lowes and HD?" yep I said... straight face... ;)

:popcorn2:

collecting,? that's a tough one... myself, I like to collect something that I have never seen before, rare and no one else has held or tampered with... such a hobby collecting these are a thing to behold, "LIFE", each day is different then all others and different then what will come that makes them rare and precious to behold! one other thing that I like to collect is firewood, different species, shapes, conditions, weights, lengths and all definitions it may come in.... imagine ? collecting firewood, that would be an odd hobby......... maybe chainsaw's? or axe's? or??????????????????????????

hmm, good reminders...

1960's-1970's snowmobiles, 1/16th scale farm toys, Vermont license plates, Chevy pickups, farm tractors, hats.
I'm a hoarder trying to be less of a hoarder, so I am trying to downsize, but I love local history, so I keep any of these items that were family or have a known local history/story.

I'll include a picture of the '51 Chevy I got for free when I was 13, my '87 GMC with 24,000 original miles, my toy collection before the downsize and the '67 Sno Jet that was my grandmothers. She was the doctor here in town for 30 years and purchased this machine for emergency house calls in bad weather. She only used it for one house call, but also rode it for fun too.

View attachment 498030

View attachment 498031

View attachment 498032

View attachment 498033

love the old '51 Chevy... I have one, too... but maybe its a 48? 50? I don't exactly know the trim out changes per year... its up at my farm... back in the south 40... up to its axles in sand... been that way since I got the place... you want it?,

you can have it for free, too! lol ;) :laughing:

I don't formally collect anything. However I do have some accumulations besides chainsaws. Old cork bottles, rifles, vintage vehicles, pennies, tools (lots of tools). And I have 8 trailers but no two are the same.

I have been looking for arrowheads for over 50 years and never found one. Someday I'll stumble across one...

rifles? never too many rifles!! :) pennies?... never too many pennies, even if collection is unlimited! lol ... vintage vehicles... old tin rules! :)

I have a 7up bottle from the 1940's with a large oyster shell inside of it. Found it on the beach after a storm in the Bahamas. I also have a Jet soft drink bottle I found in Georgia. Only one I've ever seen, must not have been too popular.

>I have a 7up bottle from the 1940's with a large oyster shell inside of it.

well, do u collect vintage pop bottles, or oyster shells? lol... good post... :)

I have gone through collecting phases during my life. Started out with coins, stamps, baseball cards and Matchbox toys (still have them) and progressed to Studebakers, tractors and chainsaws. Lately the focus has been on tools, mostly in bulk.

I still have cereal box giveaways from the 1960's.

your collection sounds diversified... in any event, I like the tractor and saw part... old timey cereal box gimmes cool! I mean who dint sit at the kithen table eating cheeri-o's, rice crispies or Wheaties... and read about the free stuff on the sides of the box... as Mom said, "hurry up and eat your breakfast... or you will be late for school!"... and then to get to the prize side... omg! :)

I collect axes! I enjoy using them on occasion as opposed to my saw, and of course I keep one with me anyways while I cut. It's rather fun taking down 8 or 10 inc sticks with a fallers axe. Nice change from the noise of the saw.

>and of course I keep one with me anyways while I cut.

got me a handful of collectible axes... most I have had over 35 years.. I like idea of one with me when sawing... yep, that I do like... going to add that to my sawing equipment list... :yes:

I was just curious to know if anyone has other collections besides chainsaws. I collect antique soda bottles. From embossed to painted label bottles. My best one is a Pepsi cola bottle from about 1890 to 1900 bottled in Forsyth Ga. I have well over 100 painted label bottles from the 30s and 40s from all over the country.
Insults. Never know when you might need one, so I have a collection and always looking for more so give it your best shot and if good enough it will make it to my collection.

hmm, collections... collecting...

I guess my mainstay collecting activity is just... trying to collect my thoughts! :dumb: lol ;) sometimes it escalates... and I add in my bearing! :crazy2:

when all that more or less foots n tics... I like:

my small collection of shot glasses...
flight hours
my axe collection
my 'small, but all mine' saw collection
cast iron pots, pans & DO collection
cookers, BBQ'rs, smoker, and impliments
firewood!
bit more than a handful of coleman lanterns
enough coleman stoves to run a full-on luncheon buffet!
books, got plenty of books.
anything cool along the side of the road...
small firearms collection, pistols and rifles...
dust collection; it's a country accent. :)
my 2 vintage Kirby Omega vacs! they collect dust like no tomorrow! love 'em... only vacs I use indoors. one I have had since 1974!
and well, you know... and some more of the usual suspects!

Back