Anybody collect anything besides chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dad's F.LLI PIETTA 1858 New Model Army
IMG_2079-L.jpg

IMG_2080-L.jpg

IMG_2085-L.jpg

Custom Ruger Blackhawk Bisley .45
(Work in progress)
IMG_1538-L.jpg

IMG_1450-L.jpg

IMG_1539-L.jpg

IMG_1541-L.jpg

IMG_1604-L.jpg

IMG_1719-L.jpg

Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter .44 Mag
IMG_20130831_222708_058-L.jpg

Ruger Single-Ten .22
1185145_459782097454020_1407146172_n-L.jpg

There are more, but no pics.

That NMA of your dad's looks nice. I have a 1860 Belgian Colt 44, love how she shoots, real good at 50 yard, have shot at 75 but missed the target but hit the backer board. I don't shot it much because no parts are made for it. Fellow near Germany is a machinist make parts for them but $$$$. ;)

Steve

I've never really thought of it as collecting but there are a few things I keep an eye out for. One is cool bottle openers. It's hard to consider them a collection though. They're kinda scattered all over the place. I've got one in my camping stuff, a couple at the beach house, one in the toy hauler, and a few in the house.

When I am at the beach I look out for cool old fishing gear. I've found some neat old reels and lures I can take pics of to post.

That NMA of your dad's looks nice. I have a 1860 Belgian Colt 44, love how she shoots, real good at 50 yard, have shot at 75 but missed the target but hit the backer board. I don't shot it much because no parts are made for it. Fellow near Germany is a machinist make parts for them but $$$$. ;)

Steve

I find that story somewhat unlikely, on a couple of accounts? :confused:

You haven't shot a Belgian made Colt I presume, Google 1860 Centennial Colt, big web site on these revolvers. A lawyer in Germany started it, lots of members also, must prove owner ship of said revolver to join up.

Steve

You haven't shot a Belgian made Colt I presume, Google 1860 Centennial Colt, big web site on these revolvers. A lawyer in Germany started it, lots of members also, must prove owner ship of said revolver to join up.

Steve

I guess that means it isn't a genuine 1860 one - centennial sounds like 100 years later?

Correct, sure wouldn't shot the original, that would be under lock and key with a bullet prove glass case for all to see. Mine was made around 1960, s# 2180, got lucky to find it, plus low s# also. Guy at the gin shop didn't know much about it so I was able to Jew him down on the price, also came with the original box and paper work. Price has tripled on it so I'm a happy camper.

Steve

I forgot to mention..... my first love cars. Started out with a 83 mustang gt, then got a 1970 chevy nova ss 396 big block Th400(manual valve body )12 bolt rear end 4.11 posi ladder bar susp. Daily driver 1969 chevy c20 250 stovebolt Saginaw 4 gear. Got dad's 1962 impala hardtop ( needing restored) 327 300hp powerglide car. And my wifes 1956 belair wagon 2 door (handyman special) ex drag car fiberglass tilt frontend. Was 302 chevy powered 4 speed olds rear end 6.19gears (1/8) mile- also needing restoration

Also have an Winchester that's been handed down the generation line, a Winchester model 1892 Octagonal barrel 3220, I think that I'm the fourth keeper in the family, after I'm gone it will be passed on down to the next generation in line of the family. Dad even gave the bullets for it, Winchester brand in a red box, only five rounds, it think they have black power in them but I may be wrong but that's what the original rounds were loaded with. I'm hoping he will pass down his old coin collection, two old cloth money bags full of old halve dollars.

Steve

Prior to kids I collected guns.

I still have a heck of a collection of duck decoys.

In college I sold car parts so it wasn't out of the ordinary for me to have over 20 cars on my property from junkers to drag cars to a new truck.

Had boats and motors into the dozens at one time.

Lots of rods, reels, and tackle. Especially when I was fishing Lake Superior with over a dozen dedicated trolling rigs plus summer and winter setups for several inland species.

Now I just have a lot of stuff I've accumulated. With no rhyme or reason.

Sounds like me, wive asked me one day why I collected (junk), I have no reason, just like what I find. Had some old wooden Coke and Pepsi crates put up collecting dust, oldest daughter swapped those from me three weeks ago for house decorations, I've gotten her into old furniture look and she's been collecting odds and ends. She got an old pie safe some where for the dining room, my great grand mothers old dresser. She wanted the matching wash stand but I have it.

Steve

Back