Anybody collect anything besides chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually life is pretty good. ;-)

9ea31dccdbaa661773e07c568f6fa02f.jpg

Collected this little guy this weekend. Hope he makes it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

me, too! take care of him... good pix!

Some of my Morgan Silver Dollars and a half-dozen of my Peace Dollars. Been keeping them in airtight coin holders for decades...
View attachment 498034
1960's-1970's snowmobiles, 1/16th scale farm toys, Vermont license plates, Chevy pickups, farm tractors, hats.
I'm a hoarder trying to be less of a hoarder, so I am trying to downsize, but I love local history, so I keep any of these items that were family or have a known local history/story.

I'll include a picture of the '51 Chevy I got for free when I was 13, my '87 GMC with 24,000 original miles, my toy collection before the downsize and the '67 Sno Jet that was my grandmothers. She was the doctor here in town for 30 years and purchased this machine for emergency house calls in bad weather. She only used it for one house call, but also rode it for fun too.

View attachment 498030

View attachment 498031

View attachment 498032

View attachment 498033

Nice GMC! My second truck was the '87 Chevy that looked just like it. The dark color might have been a little lighter. Loved that truck. Cost me a fortune playing in the mud. I had to tunnel under it to get the broken front drive shaft off once. Then I found out that truck does not move without the front shaft...
I have quite a few Hesson/Fiat tractors from the 90s. A few straight from Italy. It looks like you have a few in the back there. I also have a complete Hesston belt buckle collection (- the '74). Case IH buckles... I have quite a few minty Case pocket knives. That gets expensive in a hurry. Several prototypes.
Snap-On tools!... Ebay has helped me build on a collection based around the 70s/80s (old logo) when I was twisting wrenches on tractors. They still get used but I think what I have would be considered in excess for a parts changer.

70's turntables. Never intended to collect 'em, just fell in love with the elegance of the machinery and found myself unable to resist each one found. Up to a dozen now-- hmm, maybe more-- in various states of function and/or restoration.

I'm often frustrated by the hipster competition from vinyl's peculiar resurgence, yet just as often thankful for the hoarding temptation it has removed.
PL570-5.jpg

70's turntables. Never intended to collect 'em, just fell in love with the elegance of the machinery and found myself unable to resist each one found. Up to a dozen now-- hmm, maybe more-- in various states of function and/or restoration.

I'm often frustrated by the hipster competition from vinyl's peculiar resurgence, yet just as often thankful for the hoarding temptation it has removed.
PL570-5.jpg

nice, very nice need a dual 1229? I still use my Heathkit AR 1500... :) kicker amp! I mean kicker amp!! tuner... a pure 35 watts RMS per channel! :)

nice, very nice need a dual 1229? I still use my Heathkit AR 1500... :) kicker amp! I mean kicker amp!! tuner... a pure 35 watts RMS per channel! :)
Heh, idler-drive Duals can make one appreciate the relative simplicity of a saw tear down & carb tuning. Still, I'd love to find one of those 1229's-- underneath a Rube Goldberg work of art.
Coincidentally, I recently bought a cheapie belt-drive Dual and the seller threw in an AR-1515; needs lotsa love but how could I resist, those old Heaths look like something McIntosh.
Did I mention I'm trying not to collect old amps & receivers, too?

My boss brought in a couple of those for use as paper weights. He wanted me to drill the wood out of one but it just popped out. A simple wash to clean the dirt off. Looked like the one second from the left in the first photo.

Just seen this post. I've been collecting stuff for 40 years or better. Old pocket watches which I completely disassemble and clean, oil and fix if something simple. Coins, fruit jars of which I had around 800 but sold off most of my good ones when I lost my job in 08. Coca cola, Pepsi, any old bottle pretty much if it interests me. Stamps, albums, knives, books, glass lined tin jacketed oil cans, ANYTHING OLD pretty much.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

Just seen this post. I've been collecting stuff for 40 years or better. Old pocket watches which I completely disassemble and clean, oil and fix if something simple. Coins, fruit jars of which I had around 800 but sold off most of my good ones when I lost my job in 08. Coca cola, Pepsi, any old bottle pretty much if it interests me. Stamps, albums, knives, books, glass lined tin jacketed oil cans, ANYTHING OLD pretty much.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk
I think you left out "dust". :D

Latest posts

Back