Anybody collect anything besides chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any collectors of model trains?

I wouldn't call myself a collector but I did inherit quite a few O-gauge train cars, engines and track from my passed grandparents. I don't have time or the space for them currently but someday, I know they all still work too as grandpa had them setup in his basement back east. Sorry no current pictures they stay locked up in a safe with our firearms, they're that important to me.

I've got a bunch of 1/24-1/25 scale car models that were built back in high school or just after before I stopped building them for a few years. Somewhere between 40-50 built and maybe about the same still in the boxes. About 5 years ago I got back into it but now building 1/35 military, primarily WWII armor and other military vehicles/equipment from the same era. Somewhere between 20-30 of those and at least 20 waiting to be built and boxes of parts. Got so many Sherman tank parts I can literally build one from spare parts. Also still have most of my Hot Wheels and Ertl farm toys of the same scale yet from growing up but there all pretty well used. Do have some nicer "collector" ones I bought within the past 10-15 years on the shelf or in storage.

Chainsaws for me are a tool for work. This is what I use for play:

166748220.mgJS0IEm.jpg

mg]

phone.jpg DSCF1336.JPG timer1.jpg I have some antiques, some axes, one mint Black diamond. Some old crosscuts saws, two are royal chinook, one is near new, have the sets for them to, some miners lamps and a can of carbide, a few old bottles and some insulators. One codd neck bottle. Just small **** as I aint got room for more.
Have pared down to 20 saws,,,,
I have a metal detectoer and nothing but a couple of old coins with it. but fun.
One wife,,,

Here's some recent model builds this past year, all are WWII and 1/35 scale.

US M36B1 Jackson tank destroyer (M4A3 Sherman hull w/turret from a M36 Jackson and has a 90mm main gun)
25550289_527338604317586_8374993451785107640_n.jpg

British Army Sherman Firefly Vc. (M4A4 Sherman w/British 17-pounder main gun) Still needs to be weathered (dirtied up) yet.
25550190_527338954317551_5851840535353220750_n.jpg

US M4A1/75 Sherman in North Africa. (And a good use for a leftover GTG cookie too)
19060216_446808315703949_7140267671703097089_n.jpg

German Tiger I, mix of early, mid, and late production parts. Still needs to be finished.
25552048_527338694317577_8144617346239010824_n.jpg

US M36B1 Jackson tank destroyer (M4A3 Sherman hull w/turret from a M36 Jackson and has a 90mm main gun)
View attachment 620258

British Army Sherman Firefly Vc. (M4A4 Sherman w/British 17-pounder main gun) Still needs to be weathered (dirtied up) yet.
View attachment 620259

US M4A1/75 Sherman in North Africa. (And a good use for a leftover GTG cookie too)
View attachment 620262

German Tiger I, mix of early, mid, and late production parts. Still needs to be finished.
View attachment 620261
Those are sweet. Beats my collection of dog hair and belly button lint.

I used to collect old fishing reels. Some cost $2.00, some cost $50.00. My wife always complained that I was wasting money and never went fishing anyway.
So I started collecting chainsaws, big, new, Husqvarna XP chainsaws.
One day she said "maybe you should collect fishing reels" and I said "maybe you should of shut up"

I used to collect old fishing reels. Some cost $2.00, some cost $50.00. My wife always complained that I was wasting money and never went fishing anyway.
So I started collecting chainsaws, big, new, Husqvarna XP chainsaws.
One day she said "maybe you should collect fishing reels" and I said "maybe you should of shut up"

To this day, does she know you whispered “Maybe you should shut up?” :lol:

View attachment 620259

I have to ask... why the "Dalek" name? As long running as Dr Who is it still hadn't started airing in 1944-45. :D

I have to ask... why the "Dalek" name? As long running as Dr Who is it still hadn't started airing in 1944-45. :D

There was the episode "Victory of the Daleks" where The Doctor goes back to WWII and encounters a scientist who claims to have invented a new weapon called "Ironside", which was a Dalek. Apparently the Daleks traveled back in time to WWII to try and take over the world, if I remember the plot correctly.

victory-of-the-daleks.jpg

Also The Tank Museum in Bovington, UK had some full size Dalek replicas at the museum once and someone commented they vaguely look like a Sherman.

13719534_10154353581370842_5706303210077655033_o.jpg

So just elaborated on these 2 things to come up with "Dalek" named Sherman Firefly tanks. Suppose if I build a Cromwell or Churchill tank I could nickname it "TARDIS".

There was the episode "Victory of the Daleks" where The Doctor goes back to WWII and encounters a scientist who claims to have invented a new weapon called "Ironside", which was a Dalek. Apparently the Daleks traveled back in time to WWII to try and take over the world, if I remember the plot correctly.

View attachment 620431

Also The Tank Museum in Bovington, UK had some full size Dalek replicas at the museum once and someone commented they vaguely look like a Sherman.

View attachment 620432

So just elaborated on these 2 things to come up with "Dalek" named Sherman Firefly tanks. Suppose if I build a Cromwell or Churchill tank I could nickname it "TARDIS".

The Matilda II looks far boxier than most other tanks. Just saying. ;)

I collect a few AR-10's, AR-15's, and as many high capacity magazines and ammo for them as I can.

Have a few older John Deere garden tractors around here as well, one fully restored and working on another.

What's the old saying....."big kids toys just cost more!"......LOL
jd1.JPG 001.JPG

Tks, I love "old stuff" that works like it's supposed to. I have two John Deere 318's, one is a "work horse" with a blade mounted on it all the time, the other is very low hours and excellent condition bought out of an Estate a few years back......Cliff

Me and my son inlaw were talking about those Honda ct70's Thursday. He saw one a woman wanted $100 for it, been sitting in a barn for years. I said it was worth that no problem. I remember riding one of those back in the late 70's, fun little bikes.

Steve

Latest posts

Back