Back in the Saddle...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did go out at 55 and buy a pair of $2 readers from Safeway. Can't find them now though.

I'll be sure to look forward to that milestone too. Except I already need them to get the devil's club stickers out. But I have all the loggers trained to put the flagging closer together cuz I don't wear glasses in the woods. Although it would be safer when around the hooktenders without wedges.:eek:

back in the saddle

hey Gary, how come you didn't take that 70E with the 28 and get some real exercise???

It was good to be back out there... I'm pretty sore today. Been awhile since i packed a saw around all day long... but nothin' beats the smell of fresh cut Doug Fir and 2 stroke... :)

Later,

Gary
Im not sure about the smell of Doug fir, smell of Red Cedar gives it a run for the money. Maybe its the smell of 3-500 dollars a chord for shingle and shake bolts I used to get adds a little bias to the smell. Seems like all the little shingle mills have burned down or gone the way of the Dodo bird. Have 3 big Cedars with clear lower 12'-16' ft clear logs 31,36 and 41" diameter. Luv the smell of Doug fir too. Nice to see ya back cuttin.

Back in Saddle...

I didn't know you had horses...:confused:

I'm still recovering from hernia surgery from...yep...hauling wood.:(

Right on Gary! Be careful with the back! Been dealing with that crap for a loooong time, don't push it. I have to agree with you about the 372. Wow, I fired mine up today for a few test cuts. I am impressed, that thing is like a light saber. It slices and dices, and it don't kill my back. Remember, you only got one back.

hey Gary, how come you didn't take that 70E with the 28 and get some real exercise???

I actually regret it... but I sold it. :( I did get $250 bucks for it though...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That saw was a blast to run. Out of all the saws I sold... miss it the most. It was one of the saws I sold when I thinned the herd.

Gary

That is a good looking chainsaw, that screen on the recoil reminds me of a belt drive Homelite.
I'm glad you are out doing the fun stuff, I really hate being laid up.

I know the feeling it is great to work most days and especially
after a long off period glad to hear your getting to enjoy it again:clap:

Funny thing is; it will drive a working man nuts to be off for over a month
but after six months we want off and think we would enjoy retirement.
Only after a serious injury where we can't work will one realize just how
much we really enjoy being in the bush! I was off three months after
an auto accident and was going crazy after two weeks. On the third week
I began to do what I could and managed to put a motor in my dads truck.
Split wood enough to keep me warm and cut with a small saw. All this
with two broken colorbones and a smashed left scapula, small hailine
cracked vertebrae, two broke ribs with a punctured lung! It was one
painful time in my life that even after fifteen years I still feel. I pushed
myself though and was climbing after three months slowly and now
just pain on some bad days!

Thanks for the Rep Rope!!!!! and country boy and Gologit!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Good... been real busy,,,,, !!!!! not much time for surfing the net lately!!!!

Last edited:
Back