Best old & inexpensive truck?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got all sorts of digital cameras, but what I use the most is an old #### cybershot 3.2 mega too. model DSC-P32 ... mostly shoot at VGA resolution

what's your cybershot model?

sorry about the off topic...but gotta find out which model used.
it's really hard to find a digital camera that takes great low resolution shots.

Its a sonny cyber shot and thanks it does pretty well indeed!
It will do high res too!

got all sorts of digital cameras, but what I use the most is an old #### cybershot 3.2 mega too. model DSC-P32 ... mostly shoot at VGA resolution

what's your cybershot model?

sorry about the off topic...but gotta find out which model used.
it's really hard to find a digital camera that takes great low resolution shots.

dsc-w7 7.2 mega pixels 3x optical zoom Carl Zeiss lens best I can describe

thanks.. I'll keep an eye out for a deal on one....

reviews

dsc-w7 7.2 mega pixels 3x optical zoom Carl Zeiss lens best I can describe

Last edited:
I know this thread is getting a bit old but, consider cost of operation when choosing (if you haven't already) a diesel while more money up front will be easier on fuel than on old gasser with todays oil prices. If you can find a good C.U.C.V. with a 6.2L thats a good start, older cummins, pre emissions, 7.3 power strokes are good but more complicated and expensive to fix than the 5.9 or 6.2. If you find a nice gasser, consider a cummins 3.9 (4 cylinder) swap, they have g.m. bell housings that will fit as they retrofitted frito lay trucks in the 80's with them. 3.9 is easy to up rate power and lighter than the 5.9 so you shouldn't have to beef up the front suspension to handle the weight.

Kirk

yup... 4BT cummins engine swaps sure seem to be popular.

cummins in general are setup extremely de-tuned. in the process of tuning my 6BT cummins. plan is not to go much pass 400hp. a triple disc torque converter will come first.

a buddy with another 97 12v cummins just did a dyno run in OKC.
408hp with 995 ft lbs torque. this was done with a stock blower and fuel housing. some folks are getting 800+hp from their cummins and pulling 11 second quarter miles runs with a truck driven daily.

2462730651_daa115305c_b.jpg

2462730623_0bb1ca759f_b.jpg

If you find a nice gasser, consider a cummins 3.9 (4 cylinder) swap, they have g.m. bell housings that will fit as they retrofitted frito lay trucks in the 80's with them. 3.9 is easy to up rate power and lighter than the 5.9 so you shouldn't have to beef up the front suspension to handle the weight.

Kirk

While going diesel would be great, its just out of my price range. I'm going to be looking at an 85 F250 in a day or so. It sounds like it is in good condition but I won't really know until my mechanic and I look it over.

Thanks again for all the advice, its much appreciated.

I just looked everywhere until I found something decent.. hard to find a good working reliable 4x4 that won't cost an arm and a leg to keep on the road..

I found a 2001 GMC 2wd extended cab with a 4.8 for $2100 needed brakes and that was it. I spent another $100 and put a couple more leafs in the back and she's good to go.. I had 1200lbs of stove pellets in the back of it last week and you could hardly tell.. and to think I almost bought a 79 ford 250 with a 460..

yup... 4BT cummins engine swaps sure seem to be popular.

cummins in general are setup extremely de-tuned. in the process of tuning my 6BT cummins. plan is not to go much pass 400hp. a triple disc torque converter will come first.

a buddy with another 97 12v cummins just did a dyno run in OKC.
408hp with 995 ft lbs torque. this was done with a stock blower and fuel housing. some folks are getting 800+hp from their cummins and pulling 11 second quarter miles runs with a truck driven daily.

All that and still under 2,300 RPM!My CTD can get 25+ mpg if driven for mileage. But I wish it was 4WD.

here's spec's on my CTD...

1997 Dodge Ram CTD, Ext. Cab 2500HD 4x4 3.55, 47RE, long bed, 96k miles, KDP killed, K & N, ATF 4+
______________ \____
¦ 6BT•••CUMMINS ¦¦ ,\____„
¦_...._...._________¦¦==¦"'"""'¦
/(©)¤(©) ¤¤¤ (©)¨(©)¨¨¨ (©)¨
°----°----°----°----°----°----°----°----™

I'm currently negotiating with a seller for a 85 F250 that is in great condition. It is a bit over my budget but will be worth the money, provided I can get it for about 1200.

There is hardly any rust on it, the 4 wheel drive works well, engine is a 302 in good condition, & overall seems worth the money. I will have to have the steering column fixed and the rear brake cables replaced professionally right away but the other things that need to be done I can do myself inexpensively. :rock:

Everyone has been really helpful with this and I just wanted to say thanks again. If I do get the truck, I'll put up some pictures of it.

EDIT: Great news, I got the truck for $1200! Should be able to share some pictures next week.

Last edited:
I'm currently negotiating with a seller for a 85 F250 that is in great condition. It is a bit over my budget but will be worth the money, provided I can get it for about 1200.

There is hardly any rust on it, the 4 wheel drive works well, engine is a 302 in good condition, & overall seems worth the money. I will have to have the steering column fixed and the rear brake cables replaced professionally right away but the other things that need to be done I can do myself inexpensively. :rock:

Everyone has been really helpful with this and I just wanted to say thanks again. If I do get the truck, I'll put up some pictures of it.

EDIT: Great news, I got the truck for $1200! Should be able to share some pictures next week.
:cheers:

Back