Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Best places on the websites and forums to do new car research?

Discussion in 'Reader's Rides' started by ANewSawyer, Sep 16, 2017.

1. ANewSawyer

ANewSawyer Addicted to ArboristSite

I am looking at purchasing a new or certified preowned sedan. What are some of the best websites to look at for professional reviews? I know that there are forums for specific brands and, in some cases, specific models under that brand but I was hoping that there was somewhere I could talk to owners of many different brands of cars to see who is happy and who is not. Right now, my main two contentders are a Toyota Camry and Honda Accord. But I don't like the thought of the CVT in the Honda. Need more info, so any help would be great!

chipper1 likes this.
  2. chipper1

chipper1 Tree Freak

Just saw this thread, so you've probably already made up your minds. If so what did you choose, and are you happy with it.
    I use Edmunds.com, lot's of info on there. I've never been a Kelley blue book fan as they seem to be all about the banks interest for so many years, now I just don't trust them.
    Hope this helps someone,
    Brett

ANewSawyer and lone wolf like this.
  3. blades

blades Addicted to ArboristSite

There are a lot of car specific as well as brand specific forums. The brand forums are sometimes separated into general classes - truk,car, suv, 4x4

chipper1 likes this.
  4. Blue Oaks

Blue Oaks ArboristSite Operative

What's the problem with a CVT? If you're going to buy a Japanese sedan you might as well get a CVT. I have a CVT in my 2014 Fusion Energi and am surprised at how much I like it. BTW, every other car or truck I had owned previously was a V8 with a manual trans.

5. ANewSawyer

ANewSawyer Addicted to ArboristSite

I actually didn't end up purchasing a car. Someone gave me a 2007 Ford Taurus. It had about 170,000 miles on it but it was free. I have put the money that I didn't have to spend of purchasing the car into maintenance and repair. I did have to have the transmission rebuilt at around 180,000 but it has been fine since then. At about 181,000 ish.

As far as a purchase, next car will probably be a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord. I'd like a truck but that is still a ways off.

6. Duce

Duce Addicted to ArboristSite

My daughter has had 3 Ford Taurus cars one over 350,000 and one over 400,000. Her one now has 185,000 on it.