Best stihl tophandle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just checking out the stihl top handles and I really cant see how the 201 is better than the 193 in terms of durability.
It fact the handle on the 193 seemed more secure and less flexible. I also liked the slope angle, (of the handle) of the 193 a lot more than the 201.

Is there that much of a power difference?

I could not see $300 difference.

One thing I do not like is the length of the body springs. It seems a little too bendy.

If you prefer the look/feel of the 193 over the 201 and you are happy to own half a professional grade climbers saw- go buy a 193.

If you prefer the look/feel of the 193 over the 201 and you are happy to own half a professional grade climbers saw- go buy a 193.
Durability is what I seek over all things.

Not dealing with chinsy body parts.

People would say the same thing about the t540 vs the t435.

T435 was supposed to be a pos but is 10x tougher than the T540.

T540 should cost less but its 300 more

Oh shoot...
Just saw you are from NZ...
Your opinion is useless because of your arrogance and the fact that I have never met anything but big sissies than from NZ.

Lol they would all come here and talk about how much better new zealand was and how much wiser they were. I could outwork any 4 of them and most problems were solved while they stood around discussing how to solve it.

Have you turned in your guns so your gov can take care of you yet?

Just to be clear, if someone doesn't use a tophandle stihl, nearly every day, climbing in a tree, and to make a living....

Your opinion will not be necessary at all.

Just to be clear, if someone doesn't use a tophandle stihl, nearly every day, climbing in a tree, and to make a living....

In that case, why buy a top handle at all? Just go get yourself a nice little MS 170 that will suit you much better.

In that case, why buy a top handle at all? Just go get yourself a nice little MS 170 that will suit you much better.

Are you another idiot that has never climbed and uses a top handle saw on the ground?

Its still not the advice I would need.
I really dont need advice from any firewood cutter but I know the kiwi sort and you just cant help but give advice on things to actual professionals, when you have no clue about them.

Are you another idiot that has never climbed and uses a top handle saw on the ground?

Its still not the advice I would need.
I really dont need advice from any firewood cutter but I know the kiwi sort and you just cant help but give advice on things to actual professionals, when you have no clue about them.

While you are in the big smoke picking up your new 170, see if you cannot get yourself a nice pinafore to match. ;)

While you are in the big smoke picking up your new 170, see if you cannot get yourself a nice pinafore to match. ;)
Lmao I knew it another kiwi giving arrogant advice on something he has no experience with!

You see why I cant stand kiwis?

I will use the t435 and t540 until I find a suitable replacement that is better.

I run a Ms192t on the ground with no problems. That little **** on the ground will flip a chain quick. I had one of those new cs2511t saws, I liked it but not sure how long it would last.

Oh shoot...
Just saw you are from NZ...
Your opinion is useless because of your arrogance and the fact that I have never met anything but big sissies than from NZ.

Lol they would all come here and talk about how much better new zealand was and how much wiser they were. I could outwork any 4 of them and most problems were solved while they stood around discussing how to solve it.

Have you turned in your guns so your gov can take care of you yet?

save that trash for the political forum, caveman.

I run a Ms192t on the ground with no problems. That little **** on the ground will flip a chain quick. I had one of those new cs2511t saws, I liked it but not sure how long it would last.
That little 193 felt like It was pretty solid like the t435.
Felt like the handle moved a half inch under the weight of the 201t. Not too heavy just too heavy for the antivibe.

Only trying to avoid buying a stihl version of the t540.

Would like to hear hands on climbers talk about the 193 and 201tcm.

I have picked up the echos and almost bought one.

T435 had oiling issues. Otherwise a good saw. I had to lengthen the oil hose but fought it a bit before I figured out what its issue was.

Once I get a Stihl top handle I will post my T435 on here. Cheap.
I don't like it, but it runs good.

No, I don't climb trees everyday, a few times a year it happens. I had a couple older Echo's that I struggled with. got rid of 'em. GOt the Husky, it is ok...

WHat I have in mind is the vastly over priced ms150T. Lighter is good, especially in a tree. If I can't get enough power outta that little engine, then it's off to get ported. If I was gonna go with the 201T, I might as well keep the husky....

no need for a pissing match in here, everyone has their opinions.

Latest posts

Back