Christmas Giving 2015

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the wt215 is the one we switch out for on the 170 180 250 / 017 018 021 025 ...

True that. WT215 is the fully adjustable carb. Many of the carbs on the models listed don't allow for the high speed adjustment. You can't mod your muffler unless you can adjust the high speed! Nice offer Scott. Merry Christmas.

I thought it looked that way.

I should really put screens back in my stuff. Worry about my little boy filling them up with rocks and twigs or the dang dirt daubers!
That is one of the reasons why I never considered taking the screens off my saws - to keep junk from finding its way into the muffler! ;)

As long as your opening is big enough to compensate for the restriction. The stock ones stop a tin of flow
I have the feeling I hit a sweet spot with my otherwise stock PS-7900's muffler mod! :)
Pictures below are stock muffler outlet hole, modded muffler outlet hole, modded muffler outlet hole while retaining the ability to use the stock screen (I know, crappy picture, but one can see the outlines of the modded outlet hole).
PS7900-muffler mod 15.JPG PS7900-muffler mod 18.JPG PS7900-muffler mod 27.JPG

My PS-6400 is still 100% stock.
I wanted to try a dual port muffler or louvers/gills but have no time nor mood for tinkering.

Edit:
Just to clarify, the muffler didn't get completely gutted, but I opened the deflector a fair bit to allow more flow!
PS7900-muffler mod 06.JPG PS7900-muffler mod 07.JPG PS7900-muffler mod 09.JPG PS7900-muffler mod 10.JPG PS7900-muffler mod 11.JPG

Philbert, I see you already liked my post. I haven't forgotten you wanted a good review of all the chain grinders that I have at my disposal. So far I will have the following in my review thread.

Stihl USG
511a
511ax
551462 Oregon (hydro lock ax)
Silvey 300
Silvey 510
NT 511a knock off

Eventually I'll probably be able to add the Foley Belsaw chainsaw chain sharp-all attachment and the MAXX grinder. I also picked up a stick of G-440 Kool-Grind badged with the Granberg name. It's a wax based grinding wheel lube. Never used it but supposed to work on 90% of all grinding applications to keep the grind cooler so you don't detemper the metal. The question is will it slow the grind and take longer...

Anyway stay tuned... Hope to have it up over Christmas.

I am tuned but will touch the Dial on occasion.

For you guys that like to play with old Poulans. I'm offering these as individual items. The spur drum on the left is 9T 1/4" pitch for the model 25 and its brothers (part 48011). The one in the middle is for the same saws but 6T 3/8 lopro plus the bearing. Spike on the right is for a 3400 and a few others. PM me.

035-jpg.471611

For you guys that like to play with old Poulans. I'm offering these as individual items. The spur drum on the left is 9T 1/4" pitch for the model 25 and its brothers (part 48011). The one in the middle is for the same saws but 6T 3/8 lopro plus the bearing. Spike on the right is for a 3400 and a few others. PM me.

035-jpg.471611
Pm sent

Back