• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Closed port Husqvarna 55 (Added vid. & pic.)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calebng15

Always lookin' for somthing to cut!
Reaction score
Okay, I have a Husqvarna 55 closed port chainsaw for sale. It has the decompression valve, and has the +++++ on it. I could try to sell it locally, but you guys would appreciate it more on here. I would like to get $225, but I'm open to offers! I would keep it, but I have a 44 and a soon to be 262, and this just doesn't fit. It has a Rancher starter cover on it. It has over 150# of compression. I took it apart earlier, and fixed up the cylinder. I've run it since, and it runs fine, however it could probably use a piston and ring. I might be able to work it out for a new Husky 18in bar .325 to go with it. So if you're interested, just let me know!

100_4130.JPG

100_4131.JPG

100_4133.JPG

100_4137.JPG

Attachments

• 100_4129.JPG
    100_4129.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 35
Okay, I have a Husqvarna 55 closed port chainsaw for sale. It has the decompression valve, and has the +++++ on it. I could try to sell it locally, but you guys would appreciate it more on here. I would like to get $250. I would keep it, but I have a 44 and a soon to be 262, and this just doesn't fit. It has a Rancher starter cover on it. It has over 150# of compression. I took it apart earlier, and fixed up the cylinder. I've run it since, and it runs fine, however it could probably use a piston and ring. I might be able to work it out for a new Husky 18in bar .325 to go with it. So if you're interested, just let me know!

View attachment 410369

View attachment 410370

View attachment 410371

View attachment 410372
I got a lot of projects calling! Anybody interested?!
I am interested in talking do you still have it

Sorry, guys, I meant to put I was open to offers after the price! I thought I had put it there! I'll add it! I like to put my price a little high, so I can come down some!

I am interested in talking do you still have it
I do still have it. If you PM me an offer, I'll get back with you!

Would I do better, to replace the piston and raise the price $50? I thought a closed port would go faster?!

I think with stuff like this, its good to have pics of cylinder while its apart if you plan to sell. a cylinder that poops out makes a very good firewood saw into a more expensive proposition than most people may want. BTW, got your grinder yet??:cheers:

No, the mail doesn't run until 11-11:30, so I should get it then if it is what they say! This saw is one I've used for my own firewood cutting, so I know it can be trusted. I guess I'll have to tear it down again. It doesn't take much on these saws though!

Would I do better, to replace the piston and raise the price $50? I thought a closed port would go faster?!

Things will sell much better if as much of the unknowns are "known". When it is said "it could probably use a piston and ring", it creates an unknown. Pictures are worth a thousand words. ;)

Okay, haven't had a chance to do much with saws lately, but it has rained last couple days! I'll attach a pic of the piston thought the exhaust side. It is just slightly discolored. I'll also try to upload a video of it running a little later. I don't have a bar or chain for it, as I just sold it on another saw!

100_4191.JPG

Back