• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Completely Rebuilt Stihl MS261 MS 261

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a stihl ms261 for sale. I received the saw not running. The saw is completely OEM except for the clutch cover and bar nuts. I have completely rebuilt the saw with OEM parts. The cylinder looked great and there was no scoring or plating loss. I have ran it for about 1/2 a tank and it ran great. I am selling because I have too many saws and have moved to a city and now live in an apartment. I rebuilt the saw at my parents house. I have rebuilt about 8-9 saws with good success. This saw is better to be sold to someone who will use it rather than it sitting on a shelf. It would be a good candidate for porting. I am asking $450 shipped to the continental US. Paypal friends and family

Here is a list of what has been done to the saw:
New Piston, Rings and Clips (Old piston was cracked).
New bearings on both sides
New seals and gaskets
New Oil Pump and drive gear
New Clutch drum and sprocket
New chain brake cover
Like new Stihl bar and chain 18" ( only about 1.5 hours use)
New fuel and oil lines
New air filter
New fuel filter
Limiter removed from carburetor and plastic limiter trimmed

Most parts were purchased from my local dealer. The oil pump, clutch drum, sprocket and drive gear were removed from a new saw (purchased from eBay).

The carburetor might need to be re-adjusted depending on your preference and fuel. It ran good for me.

I also have a Stihl 044 posted in another listing. DSCN1285.jpgDSCN1286.jpgDSCN1289.jpgDSCN1291.jpgDSCN1287.jpgDSCN1288.jpgDSCN1290.jpg

Latest posts

Back