Diesel Jonny and Sally Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi All, I`ll try to post pics of the Diesel Jonsered and Sally Saw I ran across the other day. The pics aren`t as good as I hoped they would be, but at least you can see what they look like. 1st is the diesel. Russ

I see the diesel is the later version with the battery powered glow plug. A friend of mine has both versions, the earlier one had a propane torch in the handle that heated the exposed end of the glow plug!

that is a mean looking set of saws. i want a pair like that. i hve never come across a diesel saw. where did you find yours? do you have to mix oil in wiht the diesel or no. i would be intrested in running one or getting one.

Homelite360, If you're ever in the Newburgh/Middletown area call me at 914-464-8896 (cell phone) I might be able to arrange a close-up inspection of two diesel Jonsereds and about a hundred Homelites!

I "found" these saws at Dan Hudon Sales in Barneveld,NY, about 10 miles north of Utica on Rte. 12. He has several other interesting saws in there also but I was too pressed for time because they were dealing with many snowmobilers and they wanted to close shop for the day. Russ

yeah middletown is way out of the way for me. i don't think i have ever been though there. but it does sound like a good time. seeing all of those old beauties. now where jokers found those saws is only about an hour from where i am. what other type of saws did he have for sale? what type of price was he looking to get for some of them.

Great saws, I'd love to get my hands on one of those Johnny diesels, I've got 2 Sally saws that are in really good shape as well. Jokers, gald to see that someone else has an interest in Sally Saws as well. Keep on collecting!!!!

Josh..

Back