Eastonmade splitter owners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpwelding2005

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’m hopeful someone that owns a eastonmade splitter with a aluminum out feed table/catch pan could tell me how thick of material it’s made out of. Looking to build one for my home built splitter but wanted to make sure I use thick enough material. Thanks in advance

Its just me,i would rather use steel...

Attachments

• 101359961_946864862412230_8527118947244310528_o.jpg
    101359961_946864862412230_8527118947244310528_o.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 41
em1.jpg
Here's what I made up, not wanting to drill anything at least for now, the c-clamp is all that holds the locust to the aluminum. The boards have a cleat screwed across them on the underside. em2.jpg On the right side only, I made up a steel wing to match the aluminum. It worked well, The fellows at Eastonmade make a really fine splitter, my big regret is not buying one 5 years ago. It took about a dozen cords to start wearing the powder coat off the wedge & bed. What shows now is from over 40 cord.

I don`t get it either,none of the splitter builders have an tray that is big enough-but i was told that Brute Force will build you what ya want.

^thats a good idea! must make grabbing and bringing those bigger pieces back that need resplitting that much easier. almost any 4 way wedge could use that!

View attachment 838328
Here's what I made up, not wanting to drill anything at least for now, the c-clamp is all that holds the locust to the aluminum. The boards have a cleat screwed across them on the underside. View attachment 838329 On the right side only, I made up a steel wing to match the aluminum. It worked well, The fellows at Eastonmade make a really fine splitter, my big regret is not buying one 5 years ago. It took about a dozen cords to start wearing the powder coat off the wedge & bed. What shows now is from over 40 cord.

I've got about 100 cord through our 12/22 and it looks about the same. Some of the bigger pieces of yellow birch like to take their own path when going through the splitter head. The alum tray gets pushed a bit flat. I think that using steel, even the same thickness will also bend over time. If I were to have the splitter in one spot I've probably remove the tray altogther and make one larger outfeed table to fit in the slots for the alum tray.

guys thank you so much for your input and ideas. It’s great to have a resource like arboristsite and the friendly members to get input from so I can hopefully build it one time and be done

Back