Echo CS-440 chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 346 with a 14" b/c. It is great for limbing:chainsawguy: I love using that little saw. I think echo makes a great saw just not as powerful as a Stihl:hmm3grin2orange:

Well for my money i could not wait to get rid of the Stihl had the farm boss and it waimposablele to restart after you run out ofuelle has no perg valve so your screwed into pulling and pulling over n over for then next 20 Min'sns to get it firing again. Stihl is gold dipped hype. Echo all needle barrings inside low drag spin up for more RPM's and cut a thinner kerf in the wood all add up for a faster saw and the best part is there all pro grade they like Stihl and husky that make a consumer version of there saws that are good for 300 hours rather than pro grade good for 3000 hours Echo don't play that game they have only pro grade saws nickle impregnated cylinders not aluminumum

! also have an Echo CS 440, and I love it ! Its the saw that gets to ride everywhere with me in my atv. I did a muffler mod to it and it really came to life. And just to prove that I know what a "real" saw is I have a J-red 2171 with a big bore kit:rock: for my fire wood and that saw is backed up with a J-red 2055 that is "slightly tweeked"

My go to saw for four years was the CS-440, the only reason it isn't still is because I picked up an older version, the 440EVL and I like the setup a little bit more. The chain is more aggressive and it has more torque. My CS-440 is still running and I use it as my backup saw for day to day cutting.

My apologies for posting to an older thread (seems like the best one to use for my question).
I'm looking for either an 18 or 20" solid bar to fit the K216 bar mount. Plenty of laminates out there but I need one that's solid.
I've recently gotten into sawmilling and I'm using a CS-590 (Echo Timberwolf) for that, but I'd like to setup one of my CS-490's for doing some edging work.

Any suggestions? I'd prefer not to modify a bar from some other mount that I've seen suggested in various searches.

Not the end of the world if I can't find one, but it would make life a little easier not having to switch out between the two milling setups.
Thanks!

My apologies for posting to an older thread (seems like the best one to use for my question).
I'm looking for either an 18 or 20" solid bar to fit the K216 bar mount. Plenty of laminates out there but I need one that's solid.
I've recently gotten into sawmilling and I'm using a CS-590 (Echo Timberwolf) for that, but I'd like to setup one of my CS-490's for doing some edging work.

Any suggestions? I'd prefer not to modify a bar from some other mount that I've seen suggested in various searches.

Not the end of the world if I can't find one, but it would make life a little easier not having to switch out between the two milling setups.
Thanks!
The bar Echo/Oregon sells for the CS620 is solid with replaceable nose.
I have the 24" on my 620P and it's pretty well made.

Thanks Ken. CS620 looks like a nice piece of equipment. Unfortunately, the barmount type for that is D176, I'm looking for a K216 solid bar.

From another forum. It does list the 490.
Tsumura
Thank you for your inquiry. Echo bar K216 is below model. Both of them are Replaceable sprocket nose bar.
005SR2 18" 050 .325 72E A005-K216
005SK2(Light weight) 18" 050 .325 72E A005-K216

yeah, missed that, I have never looked for a solid bar for the CS490, I use laminated 18 and 20.
No worries. I use laminated 20 on both of mine and am very happy with the performance of the CS490 overall. They've been my workhorse for years around our place and have tackled some pretty big jobs. I finally ran into something bigger (old Oak) that gave me an excuse to add to the lineup with the Timberwolf. :)

From another forum. It does list the 490.
Tsumura
Thank you for your inquiry. Echo bar K216 is below model. Both of them are Replaceable sprocket nose bar.
005SR2 18" 050 .325 72E A005-K216
005SK2(Light weight) 18" 050 .325 72E A005-K216
Thanks. I'll give that another try. I noticed the Tsumura on Amazon but it was listed as no longer available (or something similar). Heading over to Google to run another search on that model number.

.... follow-up; yep, that worked. Thanks! Still not an Amazon option, but did find it at a couple of other retailers. Awesome!

Back