Echo pb 8010 best for tree work clean up???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonny37

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, we currently use Husqvarna 580 (Redmax 8500) blowers for clean ups on tree jobs. Looking to buy another blower. I've heard the echo 8010 is the king of the hill in blowers now, but it's air speed is lower than others. So is the echo the best blower for clean ups... Moving sticks?
Thanks guys

I currently use a Stihl Br600 and it is awesome. With a team of two you can clean up in a hurry, one blowing until it gets thick and the other scooping that thick pile while you start another wave. I have been interested in the Echo blowers because I like their chainsaws so let us know how it does if you do get one.

Air speed moves grass and leaves well, You want cfm for heavier piles and/or sticks. I went from a stihl br500 to a echo 770. That was a nice upgrade but if the 8010 had been out then I would’ve bought that.

Have an 8010, love it! When it quits pushing sticks, there's a window / pile.

The redmax 7500 is actually better at moving sticks and twigs than the 8500. Has more velocity/mph. I have both blowers and you can tell the difference. Recently picked up a br700 for cheap and I put it right in line with the 7500 in terms of performance. BR800 is the largest Stihl available now and it’s impressive. But I haven’t tried it doing tree work cleanup. Same goes for the echo, a friend has the 8010 and it’s a beast, but I haven’t tried it doing tree work cleanup. I don’t think you can really go wrong with any of these blowers, they all have some pluses and negatives. My redmax 7500 gave me 4 years of nonstop use before it gave me fits. Carb kit fixed it right up.

Back