Echo ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My younger son swears by those little saws. we have a 590 and a 3450 top handle. The bigger one has 185 psi compresion and no de comp valve and odd big bar mount, runs great, even with my 034 beside it cutting, 3450 is where echo really shines, if you don't get great deals on comparable husky or stihl, home depot offers those saws for fair prices. I do not know why they are not as popular or carry big cube saws like thr 8400. They have excellent pole saws and the string trimmer line is light and strong for its size, too.
I think echo has the best trimmer engines ever built simple small light. One of my gas powered skateboards has a echo on it from the late 80's all it needs is a carb kit

I wish i had a 2 cylinder echo. I passed one up couple years ago.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

My younger son swears by those little saws. we have a 590 and a 3450 top handle. The bigger one has 185 psi compresion and no de comp valve and odd big bar mount, runs great, even with my 034 beside it cutting, 3450 is where echo really shines, if you don't get great deals on comparable husky or stihl, home depot offers those saws for fair prices. I do not know why they are not as popular or carry big cube saws like thr 8400. They have excellent pole saws and the string trimmer line is light and strong for its size, too.

What first got me interested in Echo was when we rented an Echo pole saw, I was amazed how easy it was to start, cold 2 pulls, warm it always started on the first pull ! We had also rented Stihl pole saws they started ok but nothing like the Echo.

I think echo has the best trimmer engines ever built simple small light. One of my gas powered skateboards has a echo on it from the late 80's all it needs is a carb kit
Ok, you have my attention--been wanting to do this for a grandson. Is this something you bought or is it self engineered??

I wish i had a 2 cylinder echo. I passed one up couple years ago.

There's a nice one on eBay right now for $969 plus $30 shipping, to me it seems waaaay over priced, I'd be very happy to get half that for mine

Ok, you have my attention--been wanting to do this for a grandson. Is this something you bought or is it self engineered??
Both. I bought a old Tom shanahan powerboard it is the old school skateboard that was in production many years back. And I also built a longboard with a 25cc weed Wacker engine no clutch all chain drive and it worked well. Top Speed Of 25 Flat Ground And Went Up Any paved hill.20150918_184006.jpg

There's a nice one on eBay right now for $969 plus $30 shipping, to me it seems waaaay over priced, I'd be very happy to get half that for mine
I couldnt justify that much money for one. The one i passed up looked brand new for 600. Might as well buy a new saw for that price.

My experience with the gray Echo CS-520:
- Product Quality: Simple issues that shouldn't be issues in the first place (screws vibrating loose and falling out, half of slotted screw heads snapping off)
- Warranty claims: Echo policy requires ALL product issues during the warranty period be handled by an Echo Dealers
- Warranty claims: Echo dealers require you to pay $50 to just look at the saw and file a claim (even if it is clear without disassembly a cover screw is missing or other screw head is broken)
- Warranty claims: Echo owners need to wait 4-6 weeks for Echo Dealer and Echo Warranty Claims Dept to review/approve repair and make repair.
- Echo Customer Service: They are adamant to following Echo Corporate Policy.

See my post on this: http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...oor-quality-and-poor-customer-service.299745/

Latest posts

Back