Firewood in Lansing area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at all those tires.

You're big time now Sandhill.

How's the firewood selling?

Not so big. Have not made it past 70 cord/year as yet.
Part of it is money flow. Equipment, repairs, plates/insurance, and a biggie is increasing inventory of logs and seasoning wood sitting out there.
Part-time, having fun as I go.
Sold out four or five weeks ago. We just did an off the cuff, late three week rv trailer trip to Maine. Friends in NJ, cousins in NY, and ME.
Would have liked to stay longer but the campgrounds were closing up. We also did a seven week trip in March with the trailer to visit my brother and sister in California. Brother had a heart attack in January so we hooked up and left. Turned out to be the honeymoon we never had, only after we retired.
Someday I'd like to do a hundred cord plus, but it didn't happen this year. Expanded the wood lot 20' deeper across the back this fall, with crushed concrete for pallets, as I need a little more room for what I've done this year (each year), and have room to start staging next years before sales begin.
Don't really see 100 cord happening without a processor. Maybe...still going to push for it. Not happening yet this year for next years sales.
But as I said, part-time and having fun.

Back