firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow a ton! That would get me into trouble lol.
My first compact tractor was a JD 750. It was rated around 850# at 24" behind the arms. I managed to break one of the lift arms in two skidding a white pine. My next was a JD4400 rated at 2200#. I broke it as well while loading sections of a 4' oak. My current is a JD4710 with a FEL - it works much better.
Ron

Where do you guys find the weight ratings for the 3-point?
Other than an owners' manual.

For real world application you need to know the point where the capacity was measured. At the pin and 24" out makes a big difference.

Also those lift capacities assume a properly ballasted tractor. Front weights are likely needed on the compact tractors to lift to capacity - mine all required weighting the front end.

Ron

I'm looking to get a set of forks for my kubota 2501 to move some logs around to my processing area. I have some ash, maple and red oak.

I know titan doesn't have the best reputation, but I don't plan on overloading them, as my tractor doesn't have the highest list rating. I found a set that are not adjustable with a solid back plate for $500, I also found a back plate made of vertical slats that appears to be a bit heavier duty but is about twice the cost.

I would like to keep the assembly lighter to try and maximize my lift height if I ever need to pick anything else up.

Does anyone have any experience with these forks? I would like to get a heavy duty set but for their intended purpose and my want for other equipment (ms661 for a mill) means I should (need to) try and save a bit if I can, but if they bend and break lifting a 16-20" dia ~13' long log(s) then I should spring for the larger set.

Also the forks are not adjustable with by itself makes me lean toward the larger set bit if I'm overthinking it and adjustable forks aren't that important then I'll go order the less expensive set and be done with it.

I'm looking to get a set of forks for my kubota 2501 to move some logs around to my processing area. I have some ash, maple and red oak.

I know titan doesn't have the best reputation, but I don't plan on overloading them, as my tractor doesn't have the highest list rating. I found a set that are not adjustable with a solid back plate for $500, I also found a back plate made of vertical slats that appears to be a bit heavier duty but is about twice the cost.

I would like to keep the assembly lighter to try and maximize my lift height if I ever need to pick anything else up.

Does anyone have any experience with these forks? I would like to get a heavy duty set but for their intended purpose and my want for other equipment (ms661 for a mill) means I should (need to) try and save a bit if I can, but if they bend and break lifting a 16-20" dia ~13' long log(s) then I should spring for the larger set.

Also the forks are not adjustable with by itself makes me lean toward the larger set bit if I'm overthinking it and adjustable forks aren't that important then I'll go order the less expensive set and be done with it.

I find myself sliding my forks together or apart more often than I would have thought. Ymmv.

If the forks are predominantly for moving logs and pallets (assuming they're set up for a standard pallet) adjustable isn't that big of a deal. It is really nice to be able to slide them together for some things though.

I belive I am going to spring for the better set, buy once cry once right? I'll order them next month, baring anything ends that catches my fancy

I have had no problems with my Titan forks. They mostly get used to move IBC totes full of wood. Each tote weighs about 2200 lbs when the wood is wet. Your L2501 loader has a lower capacity and won't be lifting as much.

I think where guys have problems with forks is when they are digging with them. I have a backhoe for that.

Wow the prices of the forks sure have gone up since I got mine four years ago.

Latest posts

Back