First model Stihl 045 Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbore50

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
On the first models of Stihl 045 is the fuel line from the carburetor fitting to the fuel tank fitting, Totally straight, or is it a formed fuel line? This is the fuel line outside of the fuel tank that I mean.Mine seems to be a straight fuel line!

Would help to post up some photos of the inside of your Stihl 045 carb box & the fuel line.

I’ve never seen an “outside fuel line” nor a “carburetor fitting” on an 045 saw.

Would help to post up some photos of the inside of your Stihl 045 carb box & the fuel line.

I’ve never seen an “outside fuel line” nor a “carburetor fitting” on an 045 saw.
[/
I am new to working on chainsaws so I am not familiar with some of their terminology of some of the parts So after a lot of research I found out the things that I asked here. The carburetor fitting is located on the bottom of the carburetor it is at a 90 degree angle and the Impulse hose goes into it This is what I called the. “ outside fuel line” On my Husky 395 a Impulse hose Carries pressure Not fuel to the carburetor “So I was confused” At first I didn’t want to just take things apart because of not knowing . I didn’t get a quick response here so I dug into the saw If Stihl didn’t use the terminology Impulse hose I wouldn’t been confused. I have both the Impulse hose and fuel line ordered.

The 045/056 models were similar,molded fuel lines,very hard to access fuel filter without special tools ,replace your line if possible. Change both if you can.

Latest posts

Back