Fiskars X27 What a Piece of Plastic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd still like to pick up a X25 to test out. According to Walmart's website there are none in MN stores currently and they want $14 to ship (ouch). I'll probably just grab one during my next amazon order and get free shipping.

I just got my x27 in the mail. Didn't cost me a penny. The wife seen it on the kitchen table and said this table can't end up in the wood stove like the last one:chop:. She didn't know I just got it. Gotta try that trick with a new saw.

Speaking of Walmart. They started putting up their spring section of stuff in the past few days so the Fiskars display shouldn't be far behind :rock::chop::cheers:

I was reading some comments on that wranglestar video and he replied to a comment saying "fiskars destroyed my hometown gerber knives"

Not really sure what he means by that sentence...

I was reading some comments on that wranglestar video and he replied to a comment saying "fiskars destroyed my hometown gerber knives"

Not really sure what he means by that sentence...
Gerber is HQ'd in Oregon. I'm assuming they must have outsourced the factory near him hence the distaste for their products.

I followed his page for awhile but unliked it this morning. Really nothing of value there for me.

I'd still like to pick up a X25 to test out. According to Walmart's website there are none in MN stores currently and they want $14 to ship (ouch). I'll probably just grab one during my next amazon order ask get free shipping.
I have a 25 and a 27, bought the 25 for my son cause i got sick of him putting my 27 in the dirt. There really isnt anything that the 25 does better in my opinion.

You guys get so defensive! Hahaha. I thought that video was hilarious! Anyone who has seen his videos knows that he is in to quality "heritage" tools so it's no surprise that he doesn't care for the cheap and mass produced fiskars.

I get to deflower my buddy's new X27 (the one I bought for him) on some red oak tomorrow.

If I had a new one, I'd use teflon spray on it from day one, to help preserve the factory coating, plus make it work even better.

I'm still on the first can I bought, and have used it on all the mauls and axes, plus windows in the house and like tailgate hinges and locks, door hinges, etc. Very practical 4 buck investment.

To him heritage means at least 50 years out of date. I rather like the improvements that come from better information and materials.
Do you mean better materials like plastic and metal made from recycled tin cans?

Better materials includes things like the Fiskars handle or even carbon fiber handles. That idiot says that only wood can make a good handle. Sorry but that is ignorant. Modern science has given us some nice materials to work with.
As far as better information, he might like the head on a monster maul if it had a wooden handle but no way would he go for one of the more recent designs that work without you killing yourself just to wield it. Reading his blog is like reading an ad for a 1950s DeSoto.

Back