Found some fat wood today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In some pine that didn’t wanna split. My first time with it. Wood is very green and it lights right up, the bottom right knot lights right up, I’m guessing the stuff right above it is really good alsoD239180F-E765-4C2D-896F-C92B0EE0756A.jpeg2AD04FEF-F3EB-43CE-9B22-19E1B03172D4.jpeg 61502331-EEFB-4C2B-8E7C-F1FFB1F8EB3F.jpeg888A6FA1-D2E7-439A-BCAC-C73C27452747.jpeg ive got another piece with about 4-5 branches coming off it. Bet it’s a good one. You guys use this stuff? My plan is turn everything into kindling

It burns very well but will cause more buildup because it smokes more.

I use it but do so sparingly.
IMO

I’ve got a piece I’m saving that it’s almost crystallized now [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It burns very well but will cause more buildup because it smokes more.

I use it but do so sparingly.
IMO

I’ve got a piece I’m saving that it’s almost crystallized now [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hot fires will cure that. I've been using it for years, zero issues.

I dont go looking for fat wood, it just magic appears in my dried pine rounds. I keep a piece or two laying around, but I seldom use it to build fires. I do keep a bundle of pine shavings next to my wood stove. If I want a fire and want it fast, I just grap a handfull of the shavings and throw them in the stove and start stacking small splits on top of them. Flick the bic and close the stove door and in a few minutes I have a cracking and popping fire in the stove.

I actually buy it in 50# boxes which lasts 1-2 years depending on who is building the fires. I really hate buying wood but it just flat works. 2-3 pieces and a match and anybody in my house can start a fire. No paper, kindling, or small splits are necessary.

I sometimes burn 6 pieces a day and no problems with any kind of build up in the chimney.

Back