• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Gardens - 2019/2020 Planting Season

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
PA110096.JPG

once the snow peas were done, I put in lima beans in their place. they are doing well and have gobs of flowers setting and some nice pods, too. tons of baby pods...

I heeled in the seeds at first. one got chewed or busted in half. :cry: I tried to get both to go... the bottom with lots of roots and the top. roots never responded, but top did. some new leaves. and now it is ready to be set out in the lima bean garden area. there is one spot reserved for it! :)
PA110103.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

we have a small 9 crown asparagus patch. neighbor gave us the crowns as they downscaled. I had to dig them up. :nofunny: they did well thru the transition and now that early summer is here they are all sending up numerous spears. letting them grow and develop this year.
PA280010.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

pretty happy with out Texas 1015Y onions. this is first picking, smaller ones still in ground for a few weeks. then got them out, too. close to baseball sized. real sweet, almost like an apple! yum -
PA220017.JPG
PB090003.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

did a lil garden trial. we usually pick our tomatoes when starting to ripen. no bird or squirrel damage then. but decided to do one in bag, kinda like greenhouse...

Big Beef for a BLT! very tasty. I used all I could on the sandwich, then ate the rest...
PA310022.JPG PB020006.JPG PB050017.JPG PB080016.JPG PB100001.JPG PB100003.JPG