Gas Stabilizers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckwheat

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have extended experience using Stabil or anything similar in their mix? Will it harm the fuel system at all?

just wondering buckwheat, why you would have to use a gas stabilizer? Imlbo... most of that stuff you pour into your tank is crap.

Where did you get the handle buckwheat. I'm old enough to remember watching "our gang" in the mornings before I left for school. Remember seeing a button on a waitress skirt later in life w/buckwheat's face on it, remember trying to talk her out of it )as usual) but right now, cant remember what the button said. Think I'll have another drink.

Most of the new two stroke oils have a stabilizer in them, (at least the better ones).
Any gas that is likely to sit for any length of time should be stabilized, at least that is what the engine manufacturers tell us at all the service schools.

Buckwheat,

I use stabilizer in every engine I own. One time I didn't and my old jonsered didn't like it very much. My Dad turned me on to Seafoam a couple of years ago. I like it better than Stabil. Stabil's kind of yellow and shellac-like. Seafoam, despite it's name, is a clear thin liquid. Just 2 capfuls per gallon keeps all my toys happy. Occaisionally I throw a whole can in the truck with 10 gallons of fuel. Amazing product.

I've been mixing Stabil into my fuel for mowers, trimmers, etc - stuff that might sit for a month or two, so I just mixed it into the saw fuel through habit. After reading about how some additives can break down fuel lines and such, I became a little concerned and thought I'd ask the experts.

WR Mike: You got the handle right. But now I have to ask you: is it possible she thought you were talking about the skirt and not the button????? OTAY Spankey!!!

Back