• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Good Used or New 2171/372 crank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kensie1988

Vintage Saw Maniac
Reaction score
I am having a 2171 ported and the builder found some bluing on the crank so we decided not to re use it. So I am looking for a good used crank or a new one.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I have a brand new tecomec crank in the box. As good or better then oem I’ve used multiple in commercial thinning and transmission line clearing applications where saws are notorious for over reving and I have yet to have any issues

I have a brand new tecomec crank in the box. As good or better then oem I’ve used multiple in commercial thinning and transmission line clearing applications where saws are notorious for over reving and I have yet to have any issues
How much would you want for it? My only concern of course is it's not OEM but Tecomec (if it's made in Italy) does make OEM parts for manufacturers, and since you have used them in production settings make me feel better, were you running 372's or 2171s? Not that it matters really I guess. Just looking for more reassurance lol.

How many hours is on your oldest one?

I believe when I bought the cranks before they discontinued them I paid 58 bucks if I could get that out of it I can stuff it in a flat rate envelope for another 8 bucks . I myself am a certified Stihl tech working at a Husqvarna and Stihl dealer, I as previously mentioned have installed these Italian tecomec cranks in the above mentioned transmission line clearing company’s saws. The company has the most abusive ramrod hammerheaded clowns you can imagine . If these cranks were junk I’m sure one of these clown operators would have found out in short time . If I had to guess hours I would put these saws with tecomec cranks somewhere around 400 to 550hours by now considering the cranks were installed almost two years ago now. These were all installed in old style 372xp saws not the newer x torques . The company switched to running Stihl ms461 after having a few of the 72x torque clutch crank bearings **** the bed, some actually spun the outer race of the bearing eventually wallowing out the case = junk . Best part was husky tried to weasel out of covering by warranty! Husqvarna quality is seriously in the tank lately. As a tech working with both brands I see the best of both worlds. Each company has their issues but at the end of the day Stihl is twice as professional about dealing with their issues, where it seems Husqvarna could care less lately!

I believe when I bought the cranks before they discontinued them I paid 58 bucks if I could get that out of it I can stuff it in a flat rate envelope for another 8 bucks . I myself am a certified Stihl tech working at a Husqvarna and Stihl dealer, I as previously mentioned have installed these Italian tecomec cranks in the above mentioned transmission line clearing company’s saws. The company has the most abusive ramrod hammerheaded clowns you can imagine . If these cranks were junk I’m sure one of these clown operators would have found out in short time . If I had to guess hours I would put these saws with tecomec cranks somewhere around 400 to 550hours by now considering the cranks were installed almost two years ago now. These were all installed in old style 372xp saws not the newer x torques . The company switched to running Stihl ms461 after having a few of the 72x torque clutch crank bearings **** the bed, some actually spun the outer race of the bearing eventually wallowing out the case = junk . Best part was husky tried to weasel out of covering by warranty! Husqvarna quality is seriously in the tank lately. As a tech working with both brands I see the best of both worlds. Each company has their issues but at the end of the day Stihl is twice as professional about dealing with their issues, where it seems Husqvarna could care less lately!
Alrighty well you have reassured me, shoot me a message and I'll get you taken care of.

Let me get you a few pics in a few hours, I won’t be able to get to the post office until next sat if that’s ok with you? If so I can send you my papal that morning? Who’s doing the porting work if you don’t mind me asking.

That works for me, gives me some time to get some things sorted.

The gentleman doing the work is a guy out of BC who worked at walkers saw shop for 10 years and learned under either Mr. Donny, or Mr. Bobby.

Yessir they are, I'm looking forward to seeing what this one can do. I have a buddy up there who is going to torture test if for me before it comes back to make sure it's done right. He has lots of 372xpws worked over by the walkers so he will let me know how it compares.

Below pictured is the tecomec crankshaft. It’s still sealed in its origional bag I took a few pics the best I could with it in the plastic one clearly showing their trademark insignia on one of the counter weights . Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, otherwise I will get it all packed up and ready for the post office next sat morning.

Attachments

• 13536BFC-F4E4-473A-ADCD-C2D88117D2F0.jpeg
    13536BFC-F4E4-473A-ADCD-C2D88117D2F0.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 7B7A10A4-7DC4-4B82-B769-90C017816630.jpeg
    7B7A10A4-7DC4-4B82-B769-90C017816630.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • D92315E1-957E-4789-809C-34D2CF75A434.jpeg
    D92315E1-957E-4789-809C-34D2CF75A434.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 08B94881-92FF-482B-BE85-F1C6CF8813F3.jpeg
    08B94881-92FF-482B-BE85-F1C6CF8813F3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Yeah I don't really have any concerns I mean you're the one that would know firsthand you put them in several saws and never had any issues under extreme circumstances so you've answered all my questions LOL

Exactly I mean I've I've fooled around with it but honestly I haven't done it enough to really know what I'm doing LOL

I'm so sorry man, I rode down to my parents house for the weekend and I have squat for service. I'll shoot you a PM with my address and I'll get you paid. Just ship it out next time you get a chance

That's fine, I'll be home next Saturday and more available for contact

I completely understand, I've done the same thing before when I know I can't ship for awhile.

Latest posts

Back