Heatmor owb problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey fellas, well here's the scoop Heatmor NEVER returned any of my calls, to this I am VERY dissapointed with there customer service and there overall business attitude, the dealer we bought it from is going to dismantle the stove and send all of the parts out to be sandblasted and properly painted, I asked them if they had heard anything from Heatmor and they said no, they are just going to fix the problem and try to get the money out of Heatmor I feel bad that these guys are fixing an issue that is obviously been caused by poor prep work at Heatmor, but I want the problem fixed so what do ya do....

Red,
Sorry to hear about your Heatmor issues.
I had "Leprechaun" Charlie quote me one for the identical price you paid.
Since my buddy has had a Heatmor for almost 20 years without any issues, I figured it was the way to go?
His stove certainly doesn't show any signs of the corrosion that you have.
I did find a better deal (12 G's) with a SS OWB manufactured in Manitoba.
In my 3rd full season with it & zero problems.
Good luck with yours.
Paul

Sorry to dig up an old thread. I didn't see the point of rehashing all this and wanted the people interested to be notified of similar issues with Heatmor.

If the unit is installed properly there is no reason for moisture to be in the sub frame area. I can not see the pictures in the original post anymore so I wanted to ask, was the problem surface rust?

My boiler is a 300CS and was purchase in 2008. It has been flawless, but there is surface rust on some of the internal metal parts which I assumed was normal. The distributor has been difficult to deal with since day 1, getting parts, seals, etc. Their prices seem to go up every year. The fiber seals have tripled in cost just in the past couple years. Does anyone know what the fiber material is called that is used to seal the clean outs?

Show a picture. Is it just stove rope? Have seen flat rope. My Woodmasters have only had stove rope on doors.

Latest posts

Back