Help me finish my kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phourgenres

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I got my spurs, harness, and flipline. Just trying to figure out my rope system. I understand the difference between ddrt and srt, but i don't know if there is really one that advantageous for take downs. I also want to use the rope system to walk on branches, if I need to. I don't really understand the pulleys either, and i can find a good informational video to give me the 101 on them.

I got my spurs, harness, and flipline. Just trying to figure out my rope system. I understand the difference between ddrt and srt, but i don't know if there is really one that advantageous for take downs. I also want to use the rope system to walk on branches, if I need to. I don't really understand the pulleys either, and i can find a good informational video to give me the 101 on them.
Ditch the spus until you learn to climb with rope and saddle. Spurs only should be used on removals and they are totally opposite techniques than regular climbing. Go find an experienced climber and learn from them. Master all the rope knots before getting off the ground. When you have done that then you will be ready to start climbing one way or another.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back